|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say is his first impression of Ishmael?
2. How does Ishmael respond when the narrator says that he does not believe that he is part of a story?
(a) He says that belief is less important than action
(b) He says that belief is unimportant
(c) He says that belief is the beginning of resistance
(d) He says that it is easier to believe in more incredible things
3. Upon answering the ad, what does the narrator say he finds in the room when he goes in?
(a) A set of tools
(b) A stove
(c) A bookcase
(d) A phonograph
4. What does the narrator say he does with the newspaper the first time he reads Ishmael’s ad?
(a) Burns it
(b) Throws it in the trash
(c) Throws it on the floor
(d) Leaves the paper on a bench
5. How does the narrator characterize the 1960s?
(a) As the time of the children’s revolt
(b) As a the time when culture was completely lost
(c) As a period of hopeless despair
(d) As the great cultural leap forward
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the ad in Chapter 1 was looking for?
2. Where does Ishmael say he was born?
3. How does Ishmael characterize the people who recognized the mythology of Hitler’s rule, but went along with it anyway?
4. What terms do Ishmael’s terms ‘Takers’ and ‘Leavers’ correspond to?
5. Who does Ishmael say is the exception to the story of the narrator’s culture?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)