|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say he does with the newspaper the first time he reads Ishmael’s ad?
(a) Throws it on the floor
(b) Throws it in the trash
(c) Leaves the paper on a bench
(d) Burns it
2. What does the narrator say the ad in Chapter 1 was looking for?
(a) Someone who wanted to work with gorillas
(b) Someone who wanted to change the world
(c) Someone who wanted to teach
(d) Someone who wanted to make an investment
3. Whose voice does Ishmael say the narrator is lulled by?
(a) God the Father
(b) Father Time
(c) Mother Culture
(d) Mother Nature
4. What is the literary term that describes the narrator’s directly addressing the reader?
(a) Indirect discourse
(d) Direct discourse
5. What does Ishmael say the narrator will be the result of learning what he is teaching?
(a) He will become a writer
(b) He will want to become religious
(c) He will be isolated
(d) He will go to war
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is his first impression of Ishmael?
2. When does the narrator recognize Ishmael in Chapter 1?
3. What does Ishmael say made Germans captive under Hitler?
4. What pressure does the narrator say he feels to act out his culture’s stories?
5. What does the narrator say grew where his idealism had died?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)