|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator’s creation story begin?
(a) 2 thousand years ago
(b) 4 billion years ago
(c) 250 thousand years ago
(d) 10- 15 billion years ago
2. What has the narrator’s coldness become, now that he mentions it to Ishmael a second time, at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A character
(b) A trope
(c) A motif
(d) A symbol
3. How long ago did the Leavers’ story come into existence?
(a) 2-3 million years
(b) 200 years ago
(c) 2-3 thousand years
(d) 300 years ago
4. What does the law Ishmael believes the narartor is looking for in Chapter 8 prevent?
(b) Single-species dominance
(c) A howling chaos
5. What does Ishmael say is the pinnacle of the story the narrator tells in Chapter 3?
(a) God’s laws
(b) Man himself
(c) A just society
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say that he understands why Ishmael asked him to define the laws himself?
2. Where does Ishmael say he was born?
3. What does the narrator say was removed when man learned to farm?
4. When does Ishmael say that human history began?
5. What is the second thing that the narrator says the Takers do, which is not done in nature?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)