|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael say is the pinnacle of the story the narrator tells in Chapter 3?
(b) God’s laws
(c) Man himself
(d) A just society
2. What manipulation does the narrator say man had to learn in order to master his environment?
(a) How to manipulate his womenfolk
(b) How to manipulate the production of goods
(c) How to manipulate trade
(d) How to manipulate his food supply
3. What end does Ishmael say he foresees for the Takers’ culture?
4. What does the law Ishmael believes the narartor is looking for in Chapter 8 prevent?
(a) A howling chaos
(b) Single-species dominance
5. How does Ishmael say the followers of Copernicus convinced people to change their view of heliocentrism?
(a) By censoring heliocentrism in journals and textbooks
(b) By discrediting the proponents of heliocentrism
(c) By fighting in court and in classrooms
(d) By getting them to pay attention to that was really there
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishmael say the narrator learned the story of ‘how things came to be this way’?
2. What does Ishmael tell the narrator to do, when the narrator cannot say what man’s destiny is in Chapter 5?
3. What does the narrator answer when Ishmael asks him, in Chapter 5, what man’s destiny is?
4. What is the second thing that the narrator says the Takers do, which is not done in nature?
5. In Chapter 5, what perspective does Ishmael say the narrator should look at the world from?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)