|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishi search for in the river?
(a) The items that were stolen from the cave.
(b) Elder Uncle's walking sticks.
(c) Tushi's necklace.
(d) The bodies of Tushi and Elder Uncle.
2. What does Ishi teach Maliwal in "To The Edge of the World, Section 7?"
(a) How to speak the Yahi language.
(b) How to catch fish using only his hands.
(c) How to walk quietly and cover his tracks.
(d) To make bow, arrows, and quiver and shoot the weapon.
3. What does Majapa show to Ishi after breakfast?
(a) The Outer Ocean.
(b) The different rooms in the museum and their uses.
(c) The museum's collection of bows and arrows.
(d) A collection of books on ancient cultures.
4. Of whom does the little girl in the arroyo remind Ishi?
5. Where does Ishi go when needs to get away from the museum after his discussion with Majapa about the war?
(a) To the park.
(b) To his room.
(c) To Outer Ocean.
(d) To Golden Gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother take from her treasure bundle and wear on the night that she dies?
2. What kinds of trees grow in the forest behind the museum?
3. How does the crowd of saldu react to Ishi when he tries to speak to them?
4. What methods does Ishi use to catch fish?
5. When does Majapa wish to visit the Yahi world?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does spring bring new life to Ishi?
2. How does Ishi overcome his concern about bringing Majapa and Maliwal into the Yahi world?
3. Why does Ishi decide to go to the museum with the Stranger?
4. How does Ishi's understanding of the war affect him?
5. What details lead Ishi to believe that Elder Uncle and Tushi have not survived the escape?
6. How do the Sheriff's actions surprise Ishi?
7. How are the men at the museum different from other saldu that Ishi has observed?
8. What evidence in Section 4 of "The Ending People" reveals Mother's emotional strength?
9. How might Ishi's actions following Mother's death be described as a type of symbolic death?
10. How does Majapa's Dream compare to Ishi's Dream?
This section contains 1,291 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)