|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Edge of the World Section 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Golden Gate headland remind Ishi of?
(a) Lookout Point.
(b) Black Rock.
2. How does Timawi respond to Elder Uncle's suggestion that he teach Ishi about what he had done wrong?
(a) Timawi is flattered by Elder Uncle's request and agrees.
(b) Timawi is ashamed and refuses "to teach or to boast."
(c) Timawi takes the request seriously and promises to be a good teacher.
(d) Timawi is refuses to help with the search or to teach Ishi.
3. One day, Mother tells Ishi that he looks like a hunter again and that she no longer fears for him. How soon after this does she pass away?
(a) One week.
(b) Five days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Two days.
4. Why is Ishi amazed when the Stranger tells him that they will travel by train?
(a) He is surprised that the train pulls a wagon.
(b) He did not realize that they would be going that far.
(c) He is surprised that the saldu would allow him on the train.
(d) Ishi had expected to walk.
5. How soon does Elder Uncle suggest that they move to the cave?
(a) Before the fall of the first snow.
(b) After the frogs stop singing.
(c) Before the end of the next Harvest Moons.
(d) After the warm weather returns in the spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ishi go in order to try to find traces of the Lost Ones?
2. How much time has passed since the Yahi have moved to Wowunupo?
3. According to Ishi, what problem arises from wearing shoes?
4. According to Ishi, when should they go to visit the Yahi world?
5. According to the Yahi creation story, into what did the god Kaltsuna transform after he finished creating humans?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)