|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Edge of the World Section 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "tube-stick" that Tushi and Ishi see the saldu using?
(a) A surveyor's tool.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A cannon.
(d) A megaphone.
2. What does Ishi believe is responsible for holding him to life?
(a) The voices of the Lost Ones.
(b) The Spirit of Waganupa.
(c) Kaltsuna and Jupka.
(d) His own strong will to live.
3. What museum items does Majapa take Ishi to see on his second day in the city?
4. According to Ishi, what ruins the oatmeal at breakfast?
(a) The raisins that were mixed in.
(b) It has too much salt.
(c) The lumps.
(d) The cow's milk.
5. Why does Ishi carefully untie the string rather than cut them?
(a) It is good string and could be used again.
(b) Ishi has nothing with which to cut the string.
(c) Majapa has warned him never to cut string.
(d) Ishi believes cutting string is bad luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ishi's job in the spring?
2. What object, delivered to the museum by the express wagon, intrigues Ishi?
3. Why do Ishi and his family smile when they hear the rush and roar of the wind coming down the canyon?
4. What does the Golden Gate headland remind Ishi of?
5. What does Ishi share with Majapa as they sit on the bank of Banya Creek?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)