|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Edge of the World Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Ishi and his family smile when they hear the rush and roar of the wind coming down the canyon?
(a) They know that the winds will drive the animals down into the canyon.
(b) They know that they winds are the spirits of Yahi ancestors.
(c) They know that the winds will destroy the saldu settlement.
(d) They know that the winds mean that spring has arrived.
2. Where does Ishi go when the summer gets too hot?
(a) To Wowunupo.
(b) Back to the house of flint cave.
(c) To the pines above Three Knolls.
(d) Back to Banya Creek.
3. According to their plan, where will Tushi and Elder Uncle go to hide if they need to leave the cave village?
(a) Lookout Point.
(b) Back to Tuliyani.
(c) Ishi's fishing shelter.
(d) Green Cave.
4. What does Majapa show to Ishi after breakfast?
(a) The Outer Ocean.
(b) The museum's collection of bows and arrows.
(c) The different rooms in the museum and their uses.
(d) A collection of books on ancient cultures.
5. After the deaths of Grandfather and Grandmother, what name does Ishi use to refer to himself and the remaining Yahi?
(a) The People of Wowunupo.
(b) The Ending, or Last, People.
(c) The First People, the Beginners.
(d) The Ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mother allow Tushi to go with Ishi to the beaver den?
2. Where does Tushi say she will keep the sweetgrass bracelet that Timawi made for her?
3. Why does Ishi shoot the hat off the saldu who is climbing up the trail?
4. Why do Ishi and Timawi have little fear of the saldu during the cold winter?
5. To whom do the adults compare Ishi now that he has grown?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)