|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Edge of the World Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tushi ask Grandmother to do in order to make the time pass while Ishi and Timawi are gone?
(a) To cook and dance with her in the evenings.
(b) To play the stick game with her.
(c) To tell her tales of when Grandmother was young.
(d) To help her weave a treasure basket.
2. What advice does Ishi give Timawi after Timawi suggests that they can force the saldu out of the Bushki village?
(a) He suggests that Timawi is thinking with his heart and not his brain.
(b) He suggests that they sleep on it and discuss the issue tomorrow.
(c) He says nothing, but hopes that Timawi will forget about the idea.
(d) He suggests that they plan a late night attack on the saldu cabin.
3. Why do the Yahi no longer spend the summer on the mountain?
(a) Elder Uncle is afraid that they will be discovered by the saldu.
(b) The family has grown attached to Tuliyani and do not want to move.
(c) The gods have sent signs that the Yahi should not move from their village.
(d) The summers are no longer as hot, so the move is unnecessary.
4. Why are Ishi and Tushi convinced that the saldu will discover them if they try to move now?
(a) Mother is not able to walk, so they would not be able to move quickly or quietly.
(b) They are so upset that they would not be able to think clearly.
(c) The ground is covered with snow, so their tracks would be visible.
(d) There are just too many saldu that they would not be able to avoid them.
5. What object, delivered to the museum by the express wagon, intrigues Ishi?
(a) An assortment of woven baskets.
(b) Ancient Greek pottery.
(c) Handmade bows from throughout the world.
(d) A collection of books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first saldu to speak to Ishi?
2. Why is Ishi amazed when the Stranger tells him that they will travel by train?
3. For what is Ishi looking when he goes to the mountain?
4. How much time has passed since Ishi's arrival in the City by "To the Edge of the World, Section 5?"
5. Why is Ishi concerned about Tushi and Elder Uncle when he gets to the creek?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)