|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Edge of the World Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ishi's reward for constructing a superb bow?
(a) He gets a new quiver of arrows.
(b) He gets to stay in the men's house.
(c) He is served the first bowl of salmon at dinner.
(d) He gets to shoot the first deer of the New Year.
2. Why do Elder Uncle and Ishi spend time observing the elk?
(a) They think the elk may be difficult to kill and are deciding how to hunt it.
(b) They are in awe of its beauty and strength.
(c) They are trying to learn to imitate the elk call.
(d) They are trying to decide what kind of animal the elk is.
3. By the time that Ishi and Tushi see the saldu at the marsh, how long have the Yahi been in hiding?
(a) Seven turnings of the moon (or seven years).
(b) Nine moon cycles (nine months).
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Six turnings of the moon (six months).
4. How much time has passed at the beginning of The Cave section?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three years.
5. How does the crowd of saldu react to Ishi when he tries to speak to them?
(a) They spit at him.
(b) They yell angrily.
(c) They laugh.
(d) They retreat in fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Grandfather, why must a bow never be left standing?
2. Why does Ishi release the rabbit that he catches while he is out collecting lichen?
3. What regret about Timawi doe Tushi express to Ishi?
4. What does Ishi search for in the river?
5. From what kind of tree does Ishi cut the branch for his bow?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)