|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Edge of the World Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ishi amazed when the Stranger tells him that they will travel by train?
(a) He did not realize that they would be going that far.
(b) Ishi had expected to walk.
(c) He is surprised that the saldu would allow him on the train.
(d) He is surprised that the train pulls a wagon.
2. What does Mother think the kind saldu wanted to do?
(a) To offer her some water.
(b) To find some food for her.
(c) To carry her somewhere.
(d) To change her bandages.
3. Why does Timawi insist that Tushi must go with him to his village?
(a) Among his people, it is tradition for the woman to move to the man's village.
(b) Timawi does not believe that Tushi will truly be a wife unless she leaves her family.
(c) Timawi is jealous of Ishi and wants Tushi to get away from him.
(d) Timawi does not feel welcome in Tuliyani and wants to return home.
4. What does Mother take from her treasure bundle and wear on the night that she dies?
(a) Her sweetgrass bracelet.
(b) Ishi's bone earrings.
(c) Her feather cape.
(d) Her shell necklace.
5. Where do Ishi and Elder Uncle go to hunt?
(a) To Badger Creek.
(b) Three Knolls.
(c) Back to Tuliyani.
(d) Mount Waganupo.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Grandmother, when did she first meet Ishi's mother?
2. Why does Ishi not take the basket of Tushi's that Majapa offers him?
3. What does Tushi's basket smell like to Ishi?
4. What does Ishi decide to seek when he leaves Tuliyani?
5. Why does Ishi not disturb the icicles that have formed on the entrance to the cave?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)