|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Edge of the World Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Timawi respond to Elder Uncle's suggestion that he teach Ishi about what he had done wrong?
(a) Timawi is ashamed and refuses "to teach or to boast."
(b) Timawi is refuses to help with the search or to teach Ishi.
(c) Timawi takes the request seriously and promises to be a good teacher.
(d) Timawi is flattered by Elder Uncle's request and agrees.
2. What does Ishi make in the museum and give to Majapa?
(a) A Yahi harpoon.
(b) A Yahi flute.
(c) A Yahi arrowhead.
(d) A Yahi basket.
3. After the deaths of Grandfather and Grandmother, what name does Ishi use to refer to himself and the remaining Yahi?
(a) The People of Wowunupo.
(b) The First People, the Beginners.
(c) The Ending, or Last, People.
(d) The Ancestors.
4. What does Ishi find in the mud along the banks of the river?
(a) Elder Uncle's bone earring.
(b) An old arrowhead.
(c) Tushi's white shell necklace.
(d) A saldu fire stick.
5. How many days pass between the time that Ishi and Timawi leave and Ishi's return to Tuliyani?
(a) Nine days and nine nights.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Eight days and eight nights.
(d) Two full months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Ishi give Timawi after Timawi suggests that they can force the saldu out of the Bushki village?
2. What kind of place does Ishi find for the location of the new village?
3. According to the Yahi creation story, from what were the first humans created?
4. How does Ishi think his mother feels when he sees that she is wearing her sweetgrass bracelet?
5. Where do Ishi and Mother move after Tushi and Elder Uncle disappear?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)