|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Ending People Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishi decide to do with the hide of the deer that he kills?
(a) To give it to Tushi so that she can make a warm blanket.
(b) To present it to Grandfather as a gift.
(c) To give it to Mother so that she can make a new warm skirt for winter.
(d) To make a new quiver for his arrows.
2. Where does Tushi say she will keep the sweetgrass bracelet that Timawi made for her?
(a) She will wear it.
(b) In the woman's shelter.
(c) In Mother's treasure bundle.
(d) With her treasures.
3. From what kind of tree does Ishi cut the branch for his bow?
(a) A hawthorn tree.
(b) A juniper tree.
(c) A pine tree.
(d) An aspen tree.
4. How much time has passed at the beginning of The Cave section?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three weeks.
5. Who is responsible for moving the village to Wounupo?
(a) Ishi, Elder Uncle, and Tushi.
(b) Ishi and Tushi.
(c) Ishi and Elder Uncle.
(d) They all carry something.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ishi assume when he first sees Timawi sitting beneath the tree?
2. According to the Yahi creation story, how did creation begin?
3. Why does Ishi wander away when he is supposed to be watching over Tushi?
4. According to the Yahi creation story, into what did the god Kaltsuna transform after he finished creating humans?
5. How are the mountain fish that Timawi and Ishi catch different from the fish in the canyon?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)