|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cave Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Yahi creation story, into what did the god Kaltsuna transform after he finished creating humans?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A little rock lizard.
(c) An elk.
(d) A grizzly bear.
2. What disturbing news does Ishi decide to keep from Timawi regarding Timawi's old village?
(a) A saldu cabin has been built in the middle of the old village.
(b) The village has become overgrown with bushes and vines.
(c) A wildfire has destroyed everything in the old village.
(d) The village is a barren wasteland; all the buildings are gone.
3. What does Elder Uncle tell Ishi to seek when he leaves Tuliyani?
(a) Guidance from the gods to help him find a wife.
(b) A prayer-place so that he might dream a Power Dream.
(c) Revenge for the death of his father.
(d) The old villages and caves from Grandfather's stories.
4. After Ishi returns from his journey, what does he notice about Timawi?
(a) Timawi is restless and ready to go on his own journey.
(b) Timawi is not happy and keeps to himself.
(c) Timawi is happy to see Ishi return.
(d) Timawi treats him as more of an equal.
5. Why does Mother allow Tushi to go with Ishi to the beaver den?
(a) Since Timawi is ill, Ishi will need someone else to help him.
(b) Tushi has shown herself to be as successful a hunter as Ishi.
(c) Tushi has begged to go, and Mother is tired of arguing with her.
(d) Since Ishi would not be hunting, Tushi could accompany him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishi cleanse himself after visiting the places of burial and danger on his journey?
2. Why do Ishi and his family smile when they hear the rush and roar of the wind coming down the canyon?
3. According to Elder Uncle's story, why did Ishi's father kill the saldu who had come to their village?
4. Why do Ishi and Timawi choose not to chop the branch off the tree?
5. Who is responsible for moving the village to Wounupo?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)