|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cave Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ishi wander away when he is supposed to be watching over Tushi?
(a) He is gathering acorns and loses track of his location.
(b) He prefers to watch out for her from a distance.
(c) He is tracking and calling a quail.
(d) He is trying to catch a butterfly for her.
2. To whom do the adults compare Ishi now that he has grown?
(c) Younger Brother, Ishi's father.
(d) Older Brother, Elder Uncle.
3. What detail does Grandmother add to the end of Grandfather's story about Jikula and Ahalamila?
(a) Ahalamila's mother forgave Jikula and brought peace to the Yahi.
(b) Jikula felt remorseful and sought out forgiveness from Ahalamila's mother.
(c) The Yahi women are responsible for ensuring that the men remain peaceful.
(d) The son of Ahalamila, Topuna, avenged his father's death.
4. What do the women do while the men hunt for deer?
(a) They plant seeds for their garden.
(b) They clean the house.
(c) They dig for roots.
(d) They weave rugs and baskets.
5. After Ishi returns from his journey, what does he notice about Timawi?
(a) Timawi is restless and ready to go on his own journey.
(b) Timawi is not happy and keeps to himself.
(c) Timawi treats him as more of an equal.
(d) Timawi is happy to see Ishi return.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Yahi creation story, how did creation begin?
2. Why do Ishi and his family smile when they hear the rush and roar of the wind coming down the canyon?
3. How much time has passed at the beginning of The Cave section?
4. Why does Ishi not tell Elder Uncle or Mother about his visits to Black Rock?
5. According to Elder Uncle, why is a bow better than a trap?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)