|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Edge of the World Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ishi release the rabbit that he catches while he is out collecting lichen?
(a) The rabbit appears to be as hungry and weak as he and his family.
(b) Somehow, the rabbit reminds Ishi of Tushi.
(c) The rabbit came because it was curious, not because Ishi had been hunting.
(d) Ishi thinks the rabbit is too cute to eat.
2. Why is Ishi concerned about Grandmother and Grandfather?
(a) They do not have much food to eat and are growing weak.
(b) They are getting older and will soon die.
(c) They are forgetting the stories that they have told for years.
(d) They are too quiet and do not speak to the others anymore.
3. What returns to Ishi after he discovers Lookout Point?
(a) His memories of his father.
(b) His confidence as a hunter.
(c) His ability to carve a strong bow.
(d) His Dream.
4. How does Ishi attempt to hide Mother from the saldu who enter the village?
(a) He moves her into the darkness at the very back of the cave.
(b) He takes her with him up into the boughs of the pine tree.
(c) He covers her with a cape and blanket.
(d) He hides her in a bush just outside the village.
5. Who is the first saldu to speak to Ishi?
(a) The Stranger brought by the Sheriff.
(b) One of the men holding back the dogs.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) The slaughterhouse foreman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ishi wander away when he is supposed to be watching over Tushi?
2. What does the doctor's son tell Ishi he would like to be when he grows up?
3. What advice does Ishi give Timawi after Timawi suggests that they can force the saldu out of the Bushki village?
4. According to the Yahi creation story, into what did the god Kaltsuna transform after he finished creating humans?
5. Why does Mother pour the water out of the baskets every evening?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)