|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Ending People Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother take from her treasure bundle and wear on the night that she dies?
(a) Ishi's bone earrings.
(b) Her sweetgrass bracelet.
(c) Her feather cape.
(d) Her shell necklace.
2. What detail does Grandmother add to the end of Grandfather's story about Jikula and Ahalamila?
(a) The son of Ahalamila, Topuna, avenged his father's death.
(b) Jikula felt remorseful and sought out forgiveness from Ahalamila's mother.
(c) Ahalamila's mother forgave Jikula and brought peace to the Yahi.
(d) The Yahi women are responsible for ensuring that the men remain peaceful.
3. After Ishi returns from his journey, what does he notice about Timawi?
(a) Timawi is not happy and keeps to himself.
(b) Timawi treats him as more of an equal.
(c) Timawi is happy to see Ishi return.
(d) Timawi is restless and ready to go on his own journey.
4. Why is Ishi concerned about Grandmother and Grandfather?
(a) They do not have much food to eat and are growing weak.
(b) They are too quiet and do not speak to the others anymore.
(c) They are getting older and will soon die.
(d) They are forgetting the stories that they have told for years.
5. What regret about Timawi doe Tushi express to Ishi?
(a) She regrets that Timawi was not able to return to his village.
(b) She regrets that he did not have a family to return to.
(c) She regrets that she did not take his sweetgrass bracelet.
(d) She regrets that Timawi and Ishi were not better friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ishi release the rabbit that he catches while he is out collecting lichen?
2. According to their plan, where will Tushi and Elder Uncle go to hide if they need to leave the cave village?
3. Why do Ishi and his family smile when they hear the rush and roar of the wind coming down the canyon?
4. What does the saldu intend to do with Tushi?
5. Why are Ishi and Tushi convinced that the saldu will discover them if they try to move now?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)