|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To the Edge of the World Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tushi's basket smell like to Ishi?
(a) It smells like dried acorns.
(b) It smells like Banya Creek.
(c) It smells like the cave at Wowunupo.
(d) It smells like Tushi's skin.
2. How does Ishi know that the saldu have made it to the ledge of their village?
(a) He has had a dream that warned him of this.
(b) He can smell them approaching.
(c) He can see them from the top of the pine tree.
(d) He hears their knives cutting through the brush.
3. Why does Ishi not take the basket of Tushi's that Majapa offers him?
(a) It was not one of her best pieces of work.
(b) It brings too many sad memories for him.
(c) He says that he wants nothing to do with the old life.
(d) He says that it is a part of the museum's treasures and belongs there.
4. What does Mother think the kind saldu wanted to do?
(a) To offer her some water.
(b) To find some food for her.
(c) To change her bandages.
(d) To carry her somewhere.
5. Why is Ishi surprised by the saldu who see him while he is fishing?
(a) The saldu come up behind him out of the forest.
(b) The saldu moved quietly and Ishi did not smell them.
(c) Ishi recognizes them.
(d) Ishi had been sleeping on the rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What museum items does Majapa take Ishi to see on his second day in the city?
2. What does Tushi ask Grandmother to do in order to make the time pass while Ishi and Timawi are gone?
3. What does the next group of saldu leave in the cave when they return to look for Mother?
4. How does Ishi attempt to hide Mother from the saldu who enter the village?
5. What is difficult about the shot that Ishi had taken at the saldu on horseback?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)