The Moon Seasons Section 1 | The Moon Seasons Section 2
• Ishi, a young Yahi boy, goes to his secret prayer rock outside of his village.
• He watches and waits for the "Monster" (the railroad) to arrive at his village, imagining that he will fight it one day.
• He sees two white men and fears that they might discover his village, but they do not.
• The rest of Ishi's family is introduced: Mother, Grandfather, Grandmother, Elder Uncle, cousin Tushi, and Timawi, who has been adopted into the village
• The following day, Ishi and Timawi set trap lines and search for wood to make a new bow for Ishi.
• Timawi advises Ishi not to tell Elder Uncle about the saldu.
• Later Ishi goes with Tushi to gather roots and berries.
• Ishi visits the Green Cave and brings back a blue rock and colored glass for Tushi.
• Ishi and Tushi forget to bring...
This section contains 2,378 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)