|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what did Dinesen struggle throughout her life?
2. What caught Denys' attention in 1930?
3. Dinesen never wanted to be like _________________.
(a) her childhood friends.
(b) the women at church.
(c) the other women in her family.
(d) her friends' mothers.
4. Why did Denys take Dinesen to the country in #117?
(a) To study.
(b) To take photographs.
(c) To vacation.
(d) To visit his family.
5. What did Dinesen become addicted to in the 1950s?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dinesen try to do after Bror left?
2. Where did Dinesen go when she needed a break from her life for awhile?
3. The stories in the book in #148 reflected her longing for _____________________.
4. What split Dinesen and Denys apart for a while?
5. Which of the following did Dinesen NOT auction off?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways was Dinesen alienated from her own people during the war?
2. How did Denys die and why was his death especially painful for Dinesen?
3. What are some reasons that Dinesen's work was so well received during her lifetime?
4. What was the underlying theme in the stories contained in "Winter's Tales" written during the early years of the war?
5. How was Dinesen conflicted about which role to pursue in her life?
6. How did Dinesen and Denys live during their relationship?
7. How did Dinesen spend some time during the early years of World War II?
8. How well did Dinesen adapt to her return to Denmark?
9. How did Dinesen's relationship with Denys initially work well for both of them?
10. How was Dinesen's independent life in conflict with the norms for women in the early 20th century?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)