|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believed that both sexes should be celibate before marriage and monogamous afterward?
2. Why did Dinesen not feel as if she needed to be faithful to Bror?
(a) They were divorcing.
(b) He was not faithful to her.
(c) They had an open marriage.
(d) He declared that he no longer loved her.
3. With whom did Dinesen fall in love?
(a) Hiram Blunt.
(b) Hans Blixen.
(c) Hank Brauer.
(d) Henry Braun.
4. By what other name was Dinesen called?
(a) Karen Blitzen.
(b) Karen Blixen.
(c) Karen Bingham.
(d) Karen Baxter.
5. In what year did Wilhelm Dinesen marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a cherished event in family life when Dinesen was growing up?
2. To what country did Dinesen and her fiance plan to move?
3. How did Dinesen feel when Thomas went away?
4. What did Bror do while Dinesen was spending time in the city in #78?
5. How did Hans Blixen die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bror react to Dinesen's affair with Denys?
2. Where did Dinesen study art formally and why was the experience disappointing for her?
3. How could Dinesen's writing style best be characterized, and what was her most famous literary work?
4. How did Hans Blixen's rejection of Dinesen ironically work in her favor in terms of what her Aunt Bess wanted for her?
5. What was Dinesen's family's reaction to her interest in Georg Brandes and Fredrick Nietzsche?
6. Who was Daisy Frijs and why was Dinesen drawn to her?
7. Why did Dinesen not feel any remorse about having an affair with Denys Finch Hatton?
8. What was Dinesen's family background,and why was she drawn more to her father's family?
9. How did World War I put even more strain on Dinesen's relationships with the aristocratic landowners?
10. What was the nature of the conflict between Dinesen and her Aunt Bess?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)