|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Wilhelm Dinesen marry?
2. What subject did Dinesen study at the Copenhagen Royal Academy?
3. Most of Dinesen's work was created in which literary style?
(c) Science Fiction.
4. In what movement did Dinesen become interested?
5. The aristocratic landowners in Africa considered the natives to be ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person in #39 reminded Dinesen of __________________.
2. Dinesen became interested in Georg Brandes and ______________________.
3. What could Dinesen not tolerate in Bror?
4. Which friend injected some liveliness into Dinesen's life during this time?
5. With whom did Dinesen spend most of her time during her childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the nature of Dinesen's relationship with her father and how did she address her feelings of loss after his death many years later?
2. What mental affliction might Dinesen have suffered from and what was the main symptom?
3. What was Dinesen's family background,and why was she drawn more to her father's family?
4. Explain why Dinesen was drawn to the feminist movement of the early 20th century.
5. How could Dinesen's marriage to Bror best be described?
6. Why was Dinesen so prolific in her condemnation of racism and prejudice against the Kenyan people?
7. How did Hans Blixen's rejection of Dinesen ironically work in her favor in terms of what her Aunt Bess wanted for her?
8. In addition to diseases, what were some of the losses that Dinesen suffered in her life that made her health fail in 1923?
9. Why did Dinesen not feel any remorse about having an affair with Denys Finch Hatton?
10. What was the nature of the conflict between Dinesen and her Aunt Bess?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)