|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could be said for the characters in Dinesen's stories?
(a) They were very religious.
(b) They lived for themselves.
(c) They were evil.
(d) They were one-dimensional.
2. Dinesen was ___________________ in the classic sense.
3. What was one thing Dinesen had trouble adjusting to upon her return to Denmark?
(a) The hunting.
(b) The language.
(c) The cold winter.
(d) The social customs.
4. What format did Dinesen gravitate toward in the 1950s?
5. What did Denys do for Dinesen that was better than anyone else could do?
(a) Supported her artistic talent.
(b) Taught her how to shoot big game.
(c) Fulfilled her desires for romance.
(d) Gave her flying lessons.
6. What type of surgery did Dinesen have in 1955?
7. The disease in #127 primarily affected Dinesen's __________________.
(a) digestive system.
8. What was the name of the book which Dinesen worked on during World War II?
(a) Tales of Truth.
(b) Winter's Tales.
(c) Seasons of Love.
(d) The Colors of Africa.
9. What two animals did Dinesen and Denys come upon on New Year's Day?
10. How long did the relationship between Dinesen and Bjornvig last?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 years.
11. Why did Dinesen go to Berlin in 1940?
(a) Journalistic assignment.
(c) To visit friends.
(d) To free Jewish people.
12. What did Dinesen do after being at home in Denmark for awhile?
(a) Returned to Africa.
(b) Moved to America.
(c) Traveled the world.
(d) Married for the second time.
13. What did most of Dinesen's fans think she was?
14. How could Denys best be described?
(a) A politican.
(b) A confirmed bachelor.
(c) A good cook.
(d) An author.
15. Dinesen gained a reputation as one of the most ______________________.
(a) prolific writers of the 20th century.
(b) graphic women writers ever.
(c) intelligent European authors of the century.
(d) pure-hearted immoralists.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Dinesen's book "Out of Africa", who kills the animals in #112?
2. With what did Dinesen struggle throughout her life?
3. Which of the following was NOT something that made Bjornvig leave Dinesen?
4. Sometimes women who competed with men were considered to be ___________________.
5. What did Dinesen try to do after Bror left?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)