|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became a very close friend to Dinesen in Africa?
(a) The minister's wife.
(b) The gentlemen's club manager.
(c) The native foreman of the plantation.
(d) The shipping office manager.
2. What title did Dinesen attain after her marriage?
3. To what country did Dinesen and her fiance plan to move?
4. Most of Dinesen's work was created in which literary style?
(b) Science Fiction.
5. Dinesen found that female students at the Copenhagen Royal Academy ____________________.
(a) swooned easily at their male instructors.
(b) dropped out more frequently than males.
(c) were treated as if they were biding their time until marriage.
(d) were more likely to study on weekends.
6. What was the name of the family home where Dinesen decided to spend time in 1900?
7. What is the bourgeoisie?
(a) A political party.
(b) Working middle class social structure.
(c) Soup made from different kinds of fish.
(d) An early 20th century architectural style.
8. In what city did Dinesen go on a shopping spree after a good harvest in 1918?
(d) New York.
9. How old was Dinesen in 1906?
10. What did Bror do while Dinesen was spending time in the city in #78?
(a) Visited old friends and family members.
(b) Returned to Africa and lived like a playboy.
(c) Went to the horsetracks and casinos.
(d) Make business contacts for a new venture.
11. In what year did Dinesen publish her first story?
12. Who was Denys Finch Hatton?
(a) Dinesen's physician.
(b) Dinesen's accountant.
(c) Dinesen's lover.
(d) Dinesen's brother-in-law.
13. What was the only activity that Dinesen and Bror enjoyed doing together?
(a) Hosting dinner parties.
(b) Going on safari.
(c) Playing pool.
14. Which pet of Dinesen's died during this period?
15. What was Dinesen's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1923 Dinesen's health failed due to Malaria or _________________.
2. Which of Dinesen's sisters died at an early age?
3. Who did Wilhelm Dinesen marry?
4. Most of Dinesen's work was set in the __________________ or earlier.
5. Some of Dinesen's letters to her family hinted at _____________________.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)