|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Isak Dinesen's home country?
2. The person in #39 reminded Dinesen of __________________.
(a) her sister.
(b) her father.
(c) her roommate.
(d) her aunt.
3. What was Dinesen's native language?
4. Which of Dinesen's sisters died at an early age?
5. Why had Dinesen primarily married Bror?
(c) Financial status.
6. Who was Denys Finch Hatton?
(a) Dinesen's accountant.
(b) Dinesen's brother-in-law.
(c) Dinesen's physician.
(d) Dinesen's lover.
7. What title did Dinesen attain after her marriage?
8. In which of the following arts was Dinesen NOT adept?
9. Who believed that both sexes should be celibate before marriage and monogamous afterward?
10. Dinesen considered the aristocratic landowners to be __________________.
11. Why was Dinesen more attracted to her father's family?
(a) They were very down to earth.
(b) They took her on trips.
(c) They were all very funny.
(d) They spoiled her.
12. How could Dinesen's marriage to Bror be described?
13. In what city did Dinesen go on a shopping spree after a good harvest in 1918?
(c) New York.
14. Who was Dinesen's older sister?
15. In what type of business was Wilhelm Dinesen involved?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dinesen had made a few friends in Africa who were on the ________________ side in the war.
2. In photographs from her childhood, Dinesen appeared to the the _______________ sister.
3. In what year did Dinesen accept a marriage proposal?
4. Why did Wilhelm Dinesen kill himself?
5. What type of family was the person in #39 from?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)