|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which relative did Dinesen develop a conflict?
(a) Aunt Beryl.
(b) Aunt Belinda.
(c) Aunt Betty.
(d) Aunt Bess.
2. What subject did Dinesen study at the Copenhagen Royal Academy?
3. Dinesen found that female students at the Copenhagen Royal Academy ____________________.
(a) were more likely to study on weekends.
(b) swooned easily at their male instructors.
(c) dropped out more frequently than males.
(d) were treated as if they were biding their time until marriage.
4. In photographs from her childhood, Dinesen appeared to the the _______________ sister.
5. In what movement did Dinesen become interested?
6. What was the one thing that Thomas admired about Dinesen?
(a) Her writing.
(b) Her business sense.
(c) Her sense of humor.
(d) Her compassion.
7. Some of Dinesen's letters to her family hinted at _____________________.
8. What was the nature of the relationship between Dinesen and Thomas?
9. The person in #39 reminded Dinesen of __________________.
(a) her father.
(b) her sister.
(c) her aunt.
(d) her roommate.
10. How did Hans Blixen die?
(a) In a car crash.
(b) A terminal illness.
(c) In a lake.
(d) In an airplane crash.
11. Dinesen's mother came from a family of ___________________.
(d) self-made millionaires.
12. What pen name did Dinesen adopt?
13. Dinesen's loyalties during the war were on the side of which country?
14. Which friend injected some liveliness into Dinesen's life during this time?
(a) Daisy Frijs.
(b) Doris Fitz.
(c) Dagmar Frielo.
(d) Daphne Findier.
15. Dinesen became interested in Georg Brandes and ______________________.
(a) Joseph Stalin.
(b) Carl Jung.
(c) Benito Mussolini.
(d) Fredrick Nietzsche.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Dinesen's younger sister?
2. How could Dinesen's marriage to Bror be described?
3. In what city did Dinesen go on a shopping spree after a good harvest in 1918?
4. How did the aristocratic landowners in Africa feel about Dinesen?
5. What type of family was the person in #39 from?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)