|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Dinesen accept a marriage proposal?
2. Who was Andreas Nicolaj Hansen?
(a) Dinesen's first husband.
(b) Dinesen's godfather.
(c) Dinesen's great grandfather.
(d) Dinesen's tutor.
3. Which friend injected some liveliness into Dinesen's life during this time?
(a) Doris Fitz.
(b) Daisy Frijs.
(c) Daphne Findier.
(d) Dagmar Frielo.
4. Who did Wilhelm Dinesen marry?
(a) Inger Stevens.
(b) Ingeborg Westenholz.
(c) Inga Westendorff.
(d) Irma Weisenheimer.
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Wilhelm Dinesen?
(a) He was an editor.
(b) He lived with Native Americans.
(c) He went on hunting trips.
(d) He fought in wars.
6. How old was Dinesen in 1906?
7. What disease did Dinesen contract from Bror?
8. Dinesen had made a few friends in Africa who were on the ________________ side in the war.
9. In what type of business was Wilhelm Dinesen involved?
10. What did Dinesen and Bror raise on their farm?
11. What were some of the first things that Dinesen wrote?
(b) Little plays.
(d) Nursery rhymes.
12. What title did Dinesen attain after her marriage?
13. What happened to Dinesen after the death of her sister?
(a) She and her remaining sister drifted apart.
(b) She immersed herself in her studies.
(c) She tried to kill herself.
(d) She went into a deep depression.
14. In what year did Dinesen publish her first story?
15. In what movement did Dinesen become interested?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Dinesen more attracted to her father's family?
2. While in Africa, Dinesen became an accomplished _____________________.
3. To what country did Dinesen and her fiance plan to move?
4. The person in #39 reminded Dinesen of __________________.
5. Dinesen considered the aristocratic landowners to be __________________.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)