|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three Isak Dinesen, Chapters 33-36: Amor Fati; Seven Gothic Tales; In a Dark Wood; Out of Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Dinesen's marriage to Bror be described?
2. Why did Denys take Dinesen to the country in #117?
(a) To visit his family.
(b) To vacation.
(c) To take photographs.
(d) To study.
3. Dinesen never wanted to be like _________________.
(a) her friends' mothers.
(b) the women at church.
(c) the other women in her family.
(d) her childhood friends.
4. In what movement did Dinesen become interested?
5. What disease was Dinesen suffering from when she left Africa?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hans Blixen die?
2. How could Denys best be described?
3. Dinesen considered the aristocratic landowners to be __________________.
4. Dinesen's mother came from a family of ___________________.
5. What is a Gypsy Moth?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)