|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three Isak Dinesen, Chapters 33-36: Amor Fati; Seven Gothic Tales; In a Dark Wood; Out of Africa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the family home where Dinesen decided to spend time in 1900?
2. How did Dinesen feel about this period of her life (mid-1920s)?
(a) It was a time of good and bad.
(b) It was a pleasant time.
(c) It was a time she would like to forget.
(d) It was the high point of her life.
3. In 1923 Dinesen's health failed due to Malaria or _________________.
4. How did Denys react when Dinesen told him she might have been pregnant?
(a) He was stunned.
(b) He was thrilled.
(c) He was less than enthusiastic.
(d) He was angry.
5. What was the only activity that Dinesen and Bror enjoyed doing together?
(a) Going on safari.
(b) Playing pool.
(c) Hosting dinner parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. In photographs from her childhood, Dinesen appeared to the the _______________ sister.
2. What was the result of the disease's impact on Dinesen?
3. In which city did Dinesen study art?
4. What was Dinesen forced to do in December of 1930?
5. What was Dinesen's native language?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)