|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three Isak Dinesen, Chapters 37-40: Winter's Tales; Life in a Cage; Heretics; Death of a Centaur.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dinesen go when she needed a break from her life for awhile?
2. What country did 7,200 Jews evacuate to during the war?
3. Why did Germany come down hard on Denmark during the war?
(a) Their soldiers were ill-trained.
(b) They ignored Hitler's demands.
(c) It refused to support Germany.
(d) There were hardly any Jews left there.
4. What did Dinesen's family help her do that was a positive thing?
(a) Buy a home in Denmark.
(b) Start a jewelry business.
(c) Re-established her literary career.
(d) Establish a school.
5. What pen name did Dinesen adopt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dinesen and her fiance plan to establish in the country in #52?
2. The person in #39 had a disregard for _________________.
3. Durind Dinesen's time, competing with a man was considered to be ___________________.
4. How closely did Dinesen's stories parallel events and people in her own life?
5. What did Dinesen do after being at home in Denmark for awhile?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)