|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three Isak Dinesen, Chapters 37-40: Winter's Tales; Life in a Cage; Heretics; Death of a Centaur.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stories in the book in #148 reflected her longing for _____________________.
(b) something she once had.
(c) financial prosperity.
2. What country did 7,200 Jews evacuate to during the war?
3. What pen name did Dinesen adopt?
4. In what year did Dinesen publish her first story?
5. How closely did Dinesen's stories parallel events and people in her own life?
(a) They were exactly alike.
(b) They were very similar.
(c) A few were similar.
(d) They were not alike at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What likely caused Dinesen's miscarriage of a baby?
2. What did Dinesen help with during the war?
3. In which city did Dinesen study art?
4. What did Dinesen's family help her do that was a positive thing?
5. With whom did Dinesen fall in love?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)