Book One Tanne, Chapters 1-4: Either/Or; The Captain; A Family Romance; Alkmene
1. What was Isak Dinesen's home country?
2. What was Dinesen's nickname?
3. By what other name was Dinesen called?
(a) Karen Baxter.
(b) Karen Blitzen.
(c) Karen Bingham.
(d) Karen Blixen.
4. Why was Dinesen more attracted to her father's family?
(a) They were all very funny.
(b) They took her on trips.
(c) They were very down to earth.
(d) They spoiled her.
5. Dinesen's mother came from a family of ___________________.
(c) self-made millionaires.
6. What was Dinesen's most famous literary work?
(a) Babbette's Feast.
(b) Out of Africa.
(c) The Sound and the Fury.
(d) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
7. In what year was the work in #6 created?
8. Most of Dinesen's work was created in which literary style?
(a) Science Fiction.
9. Most of Dinesen's work was set in the __________________ or earlier.
(a) eighteenth century.
(b) twenty first century.
(c) twentieth century.
(d) nineteenth century.
10. Who was Andreas Nicolaj Hansen?
(a) Dinesen's tutor.
(b) Dinesen's first husband.
(c) Dinesen's great grandfather.
(d) Dinesen's godfather.
This section contains 3,298 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)