|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building does Isaac see is still intact after the hurricane?
(b) Levy Building.
(c) Ursuline convent.
(d) His house.
2. How many days does it take Isaac to get back to work after the hurricane?
3. What does August Rollfing do when he finds his family at his sister's house?
4. What is the name of Louise Hopkins oldest brother?
5. Who lives in Louise's boarding house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does August Rollfing ride out the storm?
2. What ironic numbers does the Galveston News report the morning of the hurricane?
3. Whom does Isaac save from the floodwaters?
4. What are the first casualties of the storm that the train from Houston encounters after the storm?
5. Where does Captain Halsey temporarily dock the Louisiana after the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Isaac the day after the storm?
2. How does the mood change on the train with members of the military and other people from Houston as it gets closer to Galveston?
3. How does Isaac write his official report about the hurricane?
4. How do Joseph's and Isaac's accounts of the hurricane differ in tone?
5. How does Isaac handle Moore's lies and distortion of the truth about how the Weather Bureau handled the hurricane?
6. What does Dr. Young experience as darkness falls on Galveston?
7. How do the children of Galveston react in the early hours of the storm?
8. What is Col. William Sterett's experience as he enters Galveston?
9. What is Captain Simmons experiencing on the Pensacola as the storm intensifies?
10. What does Louise Hopkins' mother do when the water started to rise?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)