|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Isaac save from the floodwaters?
2. Isaac recognizes his wife's body from her _________.
3. How many days does it take Isaac to get back to work after the hurricane?
4. Who suggests that they evacuate the Cline house for higher ground?
(b) Dr. Young.
5. What is the name of Louise's best friend who lives across the street?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lives does Isaac say were saved because of his warnings?
2. How do the soldiers at Fort San Jacinto signal for help during the storm?
3. The second train headed to Galveston the day of the storm is coming from where?
4. Louisa Rollfing says the noise of the hurricane sounded like ______________.
5. What smell begins to dilute the smell of death in Galveston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is John Blagden experiencing during the storm?
2. What does Louise Hopkins' mother do when the water started to rise?
3. What does Louisa Rollfing experience when she and her children try to take a coach to her mother-in-law's house?
4. What is Col. William Sterett's experience as he enters Galveston?
5. Why does Joseph want his telegram to the U.S. Weather Bureau chief be kept completely confidential?
6. How does Isaac write his official report about the hurricane?
7. What are some of the misconceptions that Isaac and his colleagues have about hurricanes?
8. What is the first event that causes Galveston residents to begin to take the storm seriously?
9. How does Moore distort the truth about how he handled the hurricane?
10. What is Captain Simmons experiencing on the Pensacola as the storm intensifies?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)