|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Isaac earn a college degree?
(a) University of Arkansas.
(b) Stanford University.
(c) University of Texas.
(d) Harvard University.
2. How many miles above sea level is the highest point of Galveston?
3. What does Isaac become obsessed with after an article he wrote is rejected?
4. How many storms are there in the hurricane season before Galveston?
5. Besides being an amateur meteorologist, Dr. Young is also _____________.
(a) Town doctor.
(b) Professor at the local college.
(c) Secretary of the Cotton Exchange.
(d) Mayor of Galveston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moore ban from Cuba?
2. How many blocks does Isaac live from the beach?
3. How many passengers are aboard the Louisiana the day of the hurricane?
4. What could Isaac feel the night before the storm?
5. How many cyclones has Captain Halsey survived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might have saved thousands of lives in Galveston?
2. What does Captain J. W. Simmons of the Pensacola experience after his ship leaves Galveston the morning of the hurricane?
3. What happens to the weather in Galveston two days before the storm?
4. What is the weather like across the country during August 1900?
5. Why was the creation of the Weather Service controversial?
6. What does Isaac observe when he goes to the beach the morning of the storm?
7. What is the difference between Isaac and Joseph's points of view in the early morning hours of September 8?
8. What is Galveston like in 1900?
9. What is the butterfly effect?
10. What does Isaac do for the U.S. Weather Bureau?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)