|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Haunted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building does Isaac see is still intact after the hurricane?
(a) His house.
(b) Ursuline convent.
(d) Levy Building.
2. The initial loss of life in Galveston is listed at how many?
3. What is the name of the shipping port in Houston?
(a) Port Arthur.
(b) Houston Bay.
(c) Buffalo Bayou.
(d) Texas City Port.
4. What does Moore ban from Cuba?
(b) Telegrams about weather.
(c) Scientists from studying in America.
(d) Hurricane warnings.
5. What is the name of Louise Hopkins oldest brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ironic numbers does the Galveston News report the morning of the hurricane?
2. Whom does Isaac save from the floodwaters?
3. In what city does the temperature hit 100.6 on August 11, 1900?
4. The president of a ______________ company wrote Moore after the storm continued to cause destruction across the United States.
5. How many blocks does Isaac live from the beach?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)