|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Haunted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose birthday does eight-year-old Henry Cortes come to Galveston to celebrate the day of the storm?
(a) His uncle's.
(b) His sister's.
(c) His grandmother's.
(d) His aunt's.
2. Who is William Stockman?
(a) Chief of the U.S. Weather Bureau.
(b) Secretary of the Department of Agriculture.
(c) Ambassador to Cuba.
(d) U.S. forecast official in Havana.
3. What national disaster had the highest death toll before the Galveston hurricane?
(a) New York City Blizzard.
(b) Mt. Hood Avalanche.
(c) San Francisco Earthquake.
(d) Johnstown Flood.
4. Who takes over the scandal-ridden weather service in 1887?
(a) Gen. Greely.
(b) Gen. Custer.
(c) Col. Johnson.
(d) Col. Dunwoody.
5. For whom does Isaac record weather?
(a) U.S. Weather Bureau.
(b) U.S. Signal Corps.
(c) Galveston Times.
(d) University of Texas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does six-year-old Isaac get up to start his chores?
2. Isaac believes in ___________.
3. What time did the first train of the day arrive in Galveston during the hurricane?
4. How many passengers are aboard the Louisiana the day of the hurricane?
5. The president of a ______________ company wrote Moore after the storm continued to cause destruction across the United States.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)