|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Cataclysm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the thing that finally gets Galveston residents to take the storm seriously?
(a) The Strand destroyed.
(b) Midway destroyed.
(c) A child drowning.
(d) Ritter's Cafe roof collapse.
2. Who correctly predicts the hurricane in Cuba?
(a) William Stockman.
(b) Col. Dunwoody.
(c) Father Vine.
(d) Father Gangoite.
3. Who coined the word "cyclone" to describe hurricane damage?
(a) Col. William Read.
(b) Henry Piddington.
(c) William Redfield.
(d) Isaac Cline.
4. How many children are in the orphanage at the time of the storm?
5. What college does Isaac attend?
(a) Abilene Christian College.
(b) Vassar College.
(c) Hiwassee College.
(d) Trinity College.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is William Stockman?
2. What is the name of the most elegant hotel in Galveston?
3. Where does Moore recommend fishermen should remove their nets ahead of the storm?
4. What time did the first train of the day arrive in Galveston during the hurricane?
5. How many miles above sea level is the highest point of Galveston?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)