|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Cataclysm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in Louise's boarding house?
2. Who coined the word "cyclone" to describe hurricane damage?
(a) William Redfield.
(b) Henry Piddington.
(c) Isaac Cline.
(d) Col. William Read.
3. What is the name of the steamship in the gulf on the day of the Hurricane?
4. What ironic numbers does the Galveston News report the morning of the hurricane?
(a) New births.
(b) Life span rate.
(c) U.S. census numbers.
(d) Death rate.
5. What is the name of Captain Halsey's ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the floodwater suddenly rise in a matter of seconds at one point in the storm?
2. Where is Isaac's office?
3. How old is Isaac's brother, Joseph?
4. What does Isaac become obsessed with after an article he wrote is rejected?
5. What time does six-year-old Isaac get up to start his chores?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)