|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: The Serpent's Coil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many storms are there in the hurricane season before Galveston?
2. Where did Isaac earn a college degree?
(a) Stanford University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) University of Texas.
(d) University of Arkansas.
3. For what will the summer of 1900 be remembered?
(c) Natural disasters.
(d) Hot weather.
4. How old is Isaac?
5. Who is William Stockman?
(a) U.S. forecast official in Havana.
(b) Chief of the U.S. Weather Bureau.
(c) Ambassador to Cuba.
(d) Secretary of the Department of Agriculture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the wind speed that Captain Halsey records on his ship the day of the hurricane?
2. An easterly wind converges over the ________ in the early weeks of August 1900.
3. What is the date at the opening of the book?
4. What word does the U.S. weather service make every effort to avoid?
5. What weather phenomenon sets Isaac on the path to being a meteorologist?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)