|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: The Serpent's Coil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Italian physicist Evangelista Torricelli discover?
(a) Wind speed.
(d) Tidal chart.
2. What word does the U.S. weather service make every effort to avoid?
3. Where does the storm reach on August 31?
(a) Puerto Rico.
(b) Gulf of Mexico.
(c) Caribbean Sea.
4. How old is Isaac's brother, Joseph?
5. For whom does Isaac record weather?
(a) U.S. Weather Bureau.
(b) University of Texas.
(c) U.S. Signal Corps.
(d) Galveston Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Growing up, Isaac loves to read books by ____________.
2. How many people die from the heat in New York City on August 11, 1900?
3. What could Isaac feel the night before the storm?
4. What immigrant group makes up one-third of the Galveston population in 1889?
5. In what city does the temperature hit 100.6 on August 11, 1900?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)