|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: The Serpent's Coil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could Isaac feel the night before the storm?
(b) The waves.
(d) The wind.
2. What is the age of Isaac's oldest daughter at the opening of the book?
3. A photograph of Isaac shows him to be what?
(a) A child.
4. What kind of sleeper is Isaac?
5. What is the name of the newest member of Isaac's staff the summer of 1900?
(a) Harry Baldwin.
(b) John Blagden.
(c) Willis Moore.
(d) Joseph Cline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Willis Moore?
2. What country is leading the innovation in predicting hurricanes at the time of the story?
3. Who came up with a compelling theory about the cause of the trade winds?
4. In what city does the temperature hit 100.6 on August 11, 1900?
5. What does Isaac become obsessed with after an article he wrote is rejected?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)