|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beach: September 8, 1900.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Isaac record weather?
(a) University of Texas.
(b) U.S. Weather Bureau.
(c) U.S. Signal Corps.
(d) Galveston Times.
2. A photograph of Isaac shows him to be what?
(a) A child.
3. Isaac receives conflicting reports about the storm's intensity from where?
4. What is the name of the steamship in the gulf on the day of the Hurricane?
5. The Friday before the hurricane brings what?
(a) Torrential rain.
(b) Rough seas.
(c) Cooler weather.
(d) Strong wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date at the opening of the book?
2. What country is leading the innovation in predicting hurricanes at the time of the story?
3. For what will the summer of 1900 be remembered?
4. Who is Willis Moore?
5. What aspects of the weather does Isaac record?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)