|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beach: September 8, 1900.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what field is Isaac a pioneer?
(a) Military medicine.
(c) Medical climatology.
(d) Missionary work.
2. What kind of sleeper is Isaac?
3. The Friday before the hurricane brings what?
(a) Cooler weather.
(b) Rough seas.
(c) Torrential rain.
(d) Strong wind.
4. What country is leading the innovation in predicting hurricanes at the time of the story?
5. Isaac believes in ___________.
(a) The Providence of God.
(b) The Laws of Storms.
(c) Farmer's Wisdom.
(d) The Laws of Weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Isaac earn a college degree?
2. How many miles above sea level is the highest point of Galveston?
3. What aspects of the weather does Isaac record?
4. Who wakes Isaac at 4 a.m. the morning of the hurricane?
5. Isaac receives conflicting reports about the storm's intensity from where?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)