|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beach: September 8, 1900.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the steamship in the gulf on the day of the Hurricane?
2. In what field is Isaac a pioneer?
(a) Military medicine.
(c) Missionary work.
(d) Medical climatology.
3. What could Isaac feel the night before the storm?
(a) The wind.
(d) The waves.
4. How many people does the last paragraph of "The Beach" say will die in the next twenty-four hours?
5. The Friday before the hurricane brings what?
(a) Cooler weather.
(b) Strong wind.
(c) Rough seas.
(d) Torrential rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sleeper is Isaac?
2. Who wakes Isaac at 4 a.m. the morning of the hurricane?
3. Isaac receives conflicting reports about the storm's intensity from where?
4. What is the age of Isaac's oldest daughter at the opening of the book?
5. Where does Isaac give a speech about weather to a packed crowd?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)