|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Beach: September 8, 1900.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspects of the weather does Isaac record?
(a) Rainfall and wind speeds.
(b) Wave heights.
(c) Climate change.
(d) Temperature and barometric pressures.
2. The Friday before the hurricane brings what?
(a) Cooler weather.
(b) Strong wind.
(c) Rough seas.
(d) Torrential rain.
3. In what year did Galveston experience a big fire?
4. How old is Isaac?
5. Who is Willis Moore?
(a) U.S. Secretary of the Interior.
(b) Mayor of Galveston.
(c) Minister of the First Methodist Church.
(d) Chief of the U.S. Weather Bureau.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age of Isaac's oldest daughter at the opening of the book?
2. How many blocks does Isaac live from the beach?
3. How many people does the last paragraph of "The Beach" say will die in the next twenty-four hours?
4. What is the date at the opening of the book?
5. Isaac believes in ___________.
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)