|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Strange News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many blocks does Isaac live from the beach?
2. How many cyclones has Captain Halsey survived?
3. How many storms are there in the hurricane season before Galveston?
4. Besides being an amateur meteorologist, Dr. Young is also _____________.
(a) Mayor of Galveston.
(b) Secretary of the Cotton Exchange.
(c) Professor at the local college.
(d) Town doctor.
5. What is the heart of the weather service?
(a) The anemometer.
(c) The telegraph.
(d) Wind measurements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What floats into the train station, causing the people waiting there to be alarmed for the first time?
2. What is the age of Isaac's oldest daughter at the opening of the book?
3. What saves the life of Dr. Young's wife?
4. Where does Isaac give a speech about weather to a packed crowd?
5. Which direction is the water flowing through Galveston during the storm?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)