|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Law of Storms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Growing up, Isaac loves to read books by ____________.
(a) Jules Verne.
(b) George Eliot.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Mark Twain.
2. In 1888, what weather disaster does the weather service fail to forecast?
(a) Miami hurricane.
(b) Los Angeles blizzard.
(c) New York City blizzard.
(d) Denver heat wave.
3. In 1891, the weather service comes under the control of what organization?
(a) Department of Agriculture.
(b) Department of Defense.
(c) U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
(d) Department of the Interior.
4. What kind of sleeper is Isaac?
5. Isaac receives conflicting reports about the storm's intensity from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. The storm begins with the awakening of ___________.
2. According to Zebrowski, a hurricane can start with all these except one:
3. The Friday before the hurricane brings what?
4. Whom does Isaac consider one of the great pioneers of meteorology?
5. What is the age of Isaac's oldest daughter at the opening of the book?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)