|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Spectacle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are swimsuits made from in 1900?
2. According to Zebrowski, a hurricane can start with all these except one:
(a) A burst of heat from a gunnery drill.
(b) A rain drop hitting a leaf.
(c) The flutter of a butterfly's wings.
(d) A plume of hot sea.
3. Who correctly predicts the hurricane in Cuba?
(a) Father Gangoite.
(b) William Stockman.
(c) Col. Dunwoody.
(d) Father Vine.
4. What college does Isaac attend?
(a) Trinity College.
(b) Vassar College.
(c) Abilene Christian College.
(d) Hiwassee College.
5. Whose birthday does eight-year-old Henry Cortes come to Galveston to celebrate the day of the storm?
(a) His aunt's.
(b) His sister's.
(c) His grandmother's.
(d) His uncle's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weather phenomenon sets Isaac on the path to being a meteorologist?
2. Weather service stations are accused of doing all but one of the following:
3. On what does Louisa Rollfing's family make a final payment?
4. What saves the life of Dr. Young's wife?
5. Where the Americans see numbers in relation to weather, the Cubans see ____________.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)