|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Strange News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ironic numbers does the Galveston News report the morning of the hurricane?
(a) Life span rate.
(b) U.S. census numbers.
(c) New births.
(d) Death rate.
2. An easterly wind converges over the ________ in the early weeks of August 1900.
3. What kind of vessel does Monagan commandeer to get to Galveston after the storm?
4. Who came up with a compelling theory about the cause of the trade winds?
(a) Edmund Halley.
(b) Lindon Sinclair.
(c) Steven Smith.
(d) George Hadley.
5. How many children does Anthony Credo have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Weather Bureau forbid its stations from doing?
2. How many people die from the heat in New York City on August 11, 1900?
3. How many lives does Isaac say were saved because of his warnings?
4. In 1888, what weather disaster does the weather service fail to forecast?
5. Whom did Isaac tell he was afraid that he may have underestimated the storm?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)