The Beach: September 8, 1900
1. What is the date at the opening of the book?
(a) September 8, 1999.
(b) September 9, 1900.
(c) September 7, 1900.
(d) September 7, 1901.
2. What is the age of Isaac's oldest daughter at the opening of the book?
3. For whom does Isaac record weather?
(a) U.S. Signal Corps.
(b) U.S. Weather Bureau.
(c) University of Texas.
(d) Galveston Times.
4. Where did Isaac earn a college degree?
(a) University of Arkansas.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Stanford University.
(d) University of Texas.
5. What kind of sleeper is Isaac?
6. What aspects of the weather does Isaac record?
(a) Temperature and barometric pressures.
(b) Rainfall and wind speeds.
(c) Wave heights.
(d) Climate change.
7. For what will the summer of 1900 be remembered?
(c) Hot weather.
(d) Natural disasters.
8. What is Isaac's occupation in addition to being a meteorologist?
9. How old is Isaac?
10. How old is Isaac's brother, Joseph?
11. On what street do Isaac and his family live in Galveston?
(a) Miles Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Orchard Avenue.
(d) Avenue Q.
This section contains 3,097 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)