|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the engineer of the Galveston-Houston train that became trapped in Part III: Spectacle?
(a) William Redfield.
(b) Ernest Zebrowski.
(c) A. V. Kellogg.
(d) Edmund Halley.
2. Isaac visited some merchants whom he told to raise their products how high off the floor because there could be some minor flooding?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 10 inches.
(c) 5 feet.
(d) 1 foot.
3. What refers to a wireless solar telegraph that signals by flashes of sunlight reflected by a mirror?
4. The passengers of the Beaumont, Texas, train who survived took refuge at what location?
(a) The Cowboy Saloon.
(b) A church.
(c) The Bolivar Lighthouse.
(d) A barber shop.
5. The morning after the storm passed, the house where Isaac and his daughters had found shelter in was at what location?
(a) 28th and P Streets.
(b) 34th and B Strrets.
(c) 5th and H Streets.
(d) 61st and M Streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insisted on staying in Isaac Cline's house, believing it to be capable of withstanding the storm?
2. Isaac Cline's house was built with what components to prevent flooding?
3. What sixteen-year-old was washed to the mainland and was given up for dead but reappeared a week later in Part V: Strange News?
4. Which of Louise Hopkins's siblings made it home last, with water up to his underarms?
5. What did Isaac see sitting on every available object when he reached home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Isaac and Joseph Cline argue about as the storm hit?
2. How does the author describe the events at Ritter's Cafe?
3. How does the author describe the arrival of the "Pensacola" in Galveston in Part V: Strange News?
4. How does the author describe Rabbi Cohen's experiences of the storm?
5. Describe the losses sustained by the Credo and Palmer families. How many were lost?
6. What did Isaac Cline find when he visited his office? How is this setting described?
7. What were Dr. Sam Young's experiences like as the storm began flooding Galveston?
8. What was Louise Hopkins doing as the flooding began in Galveston? Where did she go?
9. How was the surge of flooding described in Part IV: Cataclysm? How much did the water rise and in what amount of time?
10. Who was at fault for the inaccurate forecasting by the US Weather Bureau?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)