|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Isaac wrote an urgent cable to Willis Moore telling him of the terrible situation and gave the message to whom to deliver?
(a) William Redfield.
(b) Cora Cline.
(c) Joseph Cline.
(d) Rabbi Henry Cohen.
2. At one point the water rushed in Dr. Young's second story window which was how many feet above the street?
3. What daughter of Ruby Credo's was severely injured when a piece of wood was driven through her arm?
4. What were dispatched around town collecting bodies?
(a) "Corpse Wranglers."
(b) "Dead Gangs."
(c) "Cadaver Collectors."
(d) "Body Bandits."
5. Who was eight months pregnant and saw her house collapse on her husband and three-year-old son?
(a) Mrs. Thompson.
(b) Mrs. Englund.
(c) Mrs. Heideman.
(d) Mrs. Grimes.
6. Isaac visited the Levy Building and looked out over the vista where he could see that the spot that ____________ had once stood was now just all white beach.
(a) The Bolivar Lighthouse.
(b) The Giles Mercantile Agency.
(c) The Houston Post.
(d) St. Mary's Orphanage.
7. The morning after the storm passed, the house where Isaac and his daughters had found shelter in was at what location?
(a) 5th and H Streets.
(b) 34th and B Strrets.
(c) 28th and P Streets.
(d) 61st and M Streets.
8. Who insisted that the family evacuate Isaac Cline's house because it was too dangerous in Part III: Spectacle?
(a) Isaac Cline.
(b) Joseph Cline.
(c) Laura Cline.
(d) Cora Cline.
9. Isaac Cline's neighbor sent a telegram to whom, telling them to delay a trip into Galveston?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
10. In search for his wife, Isaac visited the hospital which withstood the storm and then on to a temporary morgue where how many bodies had been delivered?
11. Where did a train from Houston to Galveston become stalled?
(a) Texas City, Texas.
(b) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
(c) Austin, Texas.
(d) Roswell, New Mexico.
12. The manager of the phone company was finally able to get Joseph Cline in touch with whom?
(a) The Giles Mercantile Agency.
(b) St. Mary's Orphanage.
(c) A Western Union station.
(d) The Houston Post.
13. In Part III: Spectacle, Isaac Cline drove the beach from one end to the other shouting at people to do what?
(a) Start fires.
(b) Incite violence.
(c) Call refugees.
(d) Take cover.
14. What did Isaac see sitting on every available object when he reached home?
15. The passengers of the Beaumont, Texas, train who survived took refuge at what location?
(a) The Cowboy Saloon.
(b) A church.
(c) The Bolivar Lighthouse.
(d) A barber shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. August Rollfing hired a driver and buggy with orders to pick up his wife and children and take them to his mother's house where in Part IV: Cataclysm?
2. What refers to a wireless solar telegraph that signals by flashes of sunlight reflected by a mirror?
3. Who insisted on staying in Isaac Cline's house, believing it to be capable of withstanding the storm?
4. By the end of the week after the storm, businesses were placing ads in the News assuring customers that they would not ______________.
5. The morning after the storm passed, the house where Isaac and his daughters had found shelter in was how far from his own house?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)