|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Haunted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hurricane Camille hit the Gulf Coast in what year?
2. What was the name of Isaac Cline's younger brother who lived with his family and worked for the weather service as an observer?
(a) William Cline.
(b) Robert Cline.
(c) Joseph Cline.
(d) Matthew Cline.
3. Who, flanked by his Rough Riders, campaigned for the vice presidency in Introduction: The Beach?
(a) Chauncey Depew.
(b) Matthew Fontaine Maury.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) Henry Howgate.
4. What tamale vendor had an asterisk by his name, indicating he was an untrustworthy businessman in Galveston records, according to the author in Introduction: The Beach?
(a) Ernest Zebrowski.
(b) Joe Amando.
(c) Bat Masterson.
(d) Henry Piddington.
5. The building which housed the Galveston weather station was how many stories high?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to a wind that blows against the direction of travel?
2. Where did Isaac Cline earn his Doctor of Medicine degree?
3. Initially, there were how many confirmed deaths in Galveston following the hurricane?
4. Whose controlling nature had resulted in a schism between Cuban and US meteorologists?
5. What friendly sounding hurricane killed thousands in Latin America in 1998?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)