|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Haunted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Louise Hopkins's siblings arrived home first?
2. In Part VI: Haunted, Willis Moore issued a statement that after ravishing Galveston the storm had traveled north and _________________.
(a) Spawned dozens of tornadoes.
(b) Diminished to a moderate rainstorm.
(c) Started over fifty wildfires.
(d) Devastated other cities with hail.
3. Initially, there were how many confirmed deaths in Galveston following the hurricane?
4. Where did a train from Houston to Galveston become stalled?
(a) Roswell, New Mexico.
(b) Austin, Texas.
(c) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
(d) Texas City, Texas.
5. What sportswriter in New Jersey does the author discuss in Introduction: The Beach?
(a) Bat Masterson.
(b) Matthew Fontaine Maury.
(c) Henry Piddington.
(d) Willis Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the chief financial manager of the Signal Corps who was arrested for embezzling nearly a quarter of a million dollars?
2. In Part II: the Serpent's Coil, the Thursday morning weather map did not show temperatures for Key West. Instead, what letter was inserted?
3. Who was eight months pregnant and saw her house collapse on her husband and three-year-old son?
4. By evening, Judson Palmer estimated that the water in his yard was how deep?
5. What physicist improved upon Galileo's device and created the first barometer?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)