|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI: Haunted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was nicknamed "Pathfinder of the Seas" and "Father of Modern Oceanography and Naval Meteorology"?
(a) William Dampier.
(b) Matthew Fontaine Maury.
(c) William B. Stockman.
(d) A. V. Kellogg.
2. Which of Louise Hopkins's siblings made it home last, with water up to his underarms?
3. How many passengers on the Beaumont, Texas, train died when the storm surged and derailed the train?
4. Who was a new employee at the Galveston weather station that found himself alone in the office?
(a) William B. Stockman.
(b) Bat Masterson.
(c) Captain J. W. Simmons.
(d) John Blagden.
5. What was the name of Louisa Rollfing's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What physicist improved upon Galileo's device and created the first barometer?
2. Galveston was the victim of two storm surges, one from the Gulf and one from ____________.
3. August Rollfing hired a driver and buggy with orders to pick up his wife and children and take them to his mother's house where in Part IV: Cataclysm?
4. Isaac Cline and which neighbor were on the beach at dawn on Saturday as the storm rolled in?
5. What rabbi was shocked to see all the people walking away from the beach and carrying personal items with them in Part III: Spectacle?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)