|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Strange News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many daughters did Isaac Cline have in 1900?
2. On September 4, 1900 what knocked out the city of Galveston's power and threw all the government buildings into darkness?
(a) A tornado.
(b) An earthquake.
(d) A dust storm.
3. What term refers to a wind that blows against the direction of travel?
(a) Nonlinear dynamics.
4. When Isaac finally reached home in Part III: Spectacle, his yard was already how deep in water?
(a) Eight inches.
(b) Chest deep.
(c) Neck deep.
(d) Two feet.
5. After his meteorology training with the US Army Signal Corps, Isaac Cline was first assigned to what location?
(a) Omaha, Nebraska.
(b) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(c) Topeka, Kansas.
(d) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joseph Cline made his weather observations on September 6th, what was the temperature?
2. Isaac Cline's house was built with what components to prevent flooding?
3. The ship "The Louisiana" sailed from what location to Galveston during the hurricane of 1900?
4. The train coming from Beaumont, Texas, into Galveston during the storm was traveling along the flooded tracks of what?
5. At one point the water rushed in Dr. Young's second story window which was how many feet above the street?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)