|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Strange News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physicist improved upon Galileo's device and created the first barometer?
(a) Chauncey Depew.
(b) Edmund Halley.
(c) Ernest Zebrowski.
(d) Evangelista Torricelli.
2. What were dispatched around town collecting bodies?
(a) "Body Bandits."
(b) "Corpse Wranglers."
(c) "Dead Gangs."
(d) "Cadaver Collectors."
3. What was the name of Isaac Cline's younger brother who lived with his family and worked for the weather service as an observer?
(a) Joseph Cline.
(b) Robert Cline.
(c) William Cline.
(d) Matthew Cline.
4. The passengers of the Beaumont, Texas, train who survived took refuge at what location?
(a) A barber shop.
(b) A church.
(c) The Cowboy Saloon.
(d) The Bolivar Lighthouse.
5. What did Isaac do with his wife's engagement ring after it was recovered from the wreckage?
(a) Tucked it away in a drawer.
(b) Sold it to a jeweler.
(c) Had it enlarged and wore it.
(d) Gave it to another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What General of the US Signal Corps wanted to staff his department with the best in Part I: The Law of Storms?
2. Who was a new employee at the Galveston weather station that found himself alone in the office?
3. What tamale vendor had an asterisk by his name, indicating he was an untrustworthy businessman in Galveston records, according to the author in Introduction: The Beach?
4. Galveston was the victim of two storm surges, one from the Gulf and one from ____________.
5. What was the name of Louisa Rollfing's daughter?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)