|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Strange News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Isaac Cline's house was built with what components to prevent flooding?
2. As Captain Halsey continued on his journey in Part II: the Serpent's Coil, he estimated the wind at what speed when he had probably neared the heart of the storm?
(a) 225 mph.
(b) 165 mph.
(c) 80 mph.
(d) 100 mph.
3. What Founding Father kept a lifelong weather journal, according to the author in Part I: The Law of Storms?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) John Adams.
4. In Part II: the Serpent's Coil, the Thursday morning weather map did not show temperatures for Key West. Instead, what letter was inserted?
5. The train coming from Beaumont, Texas, into Galveston during the storm was traveling along the flooded tracks of what?
(a) The Texas panhandle.
(b) The Amarillo causeway.
(c) The Bolivar Peninsula.
(d) Lone Star Ridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to a wind that blows against the direction of travel?
2. What did Isaac do with his wife's engagement ring after it was recovered from the wreckage?
3. Where did Isaac Cline earn his Doctor of Medicine degree?
4. What was the building called which housed the Galveston weather station?
5. In Part IV: Cataclysm, a telegram was sent from the weather station where to the Chief of the US Weather Bureau in Washington, DC, informing him that they had lost all contact with the Galveston office?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)