|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Strange News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Isaac do with his wife's engagement ring after it was recovered from the wreckage?
(a) Gave it to another woman.
(b) Had it enlarged and wore it.
(c) Tucked it away in a drawer.
(d) Sold it to a jeweler.
2. In Part I: The Law of Storms, the author writes that the storm began gathering over the African highlands east of _____________.
3. By evening, Judson Palmer estimated that the water in his yard was how deep?
(a) 2 feet.
(b) 11 feet.
(c) 4 feet.
(d) 7 feet.
4. After the storm, there were so many dead that the city resolved to do what with the corpses?
(a) Transport the bodies to Louisiana.
(b) Hire workers from out of state to bury them.
(c) Bury them at sea.
(d) Create a mass grave.
5. In Part IV: Cataclysm, a telegram was sent from the weather station where to the Chief of the US Weather Bureau in Washington, DC, informing him that they had lost all contact with the Galveston office?
(a) Houston, Texas.
(b) Phoenix, Arizona.
(c) Miami, Florida.
(d) St. Louis, Missouri.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Founding Father kept a lifelong weather journal, according to the author in Part I: The Law of Storms?
2. Where did a train from Houston to Galveston become stalled?
3. In Part II: the Serpent's Coil, Isaac walked to the beach and noted the arrival of a large British steamship called _____________.
4. What General of the US Signal Corps wanted to staff his department with the best in Part I: The Law of Storms?
5. On September 1, 1900, the Rollfing family made their last payment on what?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)