|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Cataclysm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Isaac see sitting on every available object when he reached home?
2. The ship "The Louisiana" sailed from what location to Galveston during the hurricane of 1900?
(a) Port Arthur, Louisiana.
(b) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(c) Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
(d) Gulfport, Mississippi.
3. In Galveston on September 6th, Joseph Cline made his weather observations at what time?
(a) 2:15 p.m.
(b) 7:45 p.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 4:30 a.m.
4. Isaac Cline's neighbor sent a telegram to whom, telling them to delay a trip into Galveston?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His aunt.
5. In what year did Isaac Cline join the meteorology training program of the US Army Signal Corps?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Englishman studied the significance of the colors of the skies just prior to a storm?
2. Who was nicknamed "Pathfinder of the Seas" and "Father of Modern Oceanography and Naval Meteorology"?
3. Hurricane Camille hit the Gulf Coast in what year?
4. What was the name of the steamship that Captain T. P. Halsey commanded during the storm?
5. In 1900, Galveston was the biggest port for what product in the United States?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)