|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Cataclysm.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Captain Halsey continued on his journey in Part II: the Serpent's Coil, he estimated the wind at what speed when he had probably neared the heart of the storm?
(a) 225 mph.
(b) 100 mph.
(c) 80 mph.
(d) 165 mph.
2. What was the warmest month on record from the upper Mississippi Valley to the Ohio Valley?
(a) July, 1904.
(b) September, 1899.
(c) August, 1900.
(d) June, 1897.
3. Galveston was the victim of two storm surges, one from the Gulf and one from ____________.
(a) The reef.
(c) The dunes.
(d) The bay.
4. In Part II: the Serpent's Coil, the Thursday morning weather map did not show temperatures for Key West. Instead, what letter was inserted?
5. What refers to the study of weather conditions averaged over a period of time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Louisa Rollfing originally from?
2. Who insisted that the family evacuate Isaac Cline's house because it was too dangerous in Part III: Spectacle?
3. Despite Isaac's alarm, his office still downplayed the potential severity of the storm, referring to it by what name?
4. What bison hunter and showman does the author describe performing in the Wild West in Introduction: The Beach?
5. What concept was put forth in Perils of a Restless Planet?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)