|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: the Serpent's Coil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chief Stockman was irritated that the Cuban forecasters had referred to the storm as _____________.
(a) A tornado.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) A cyclone.
2. The ship "The Louisiana" sailed from what location to Galveston during the hurricane of 1900?
(a) Gulfport, Mississippi.
(b) Port Arthur, Louisiana.
(c) Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
(d) New Orleans, Louisiana.
3. What school dean recommended Isaac Cline to study at the US Signal Corps?
(a) Dean Jones.
(b) Dean Williams.
(c) Dean Frank.
(d) Dean Bruner.
4. In November 1703, the coast of England was hit by a series of powerful storms, killing more than how many seamen?
5. How many daughters did Isaac Cline have in 1900?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Louisa Rollfing originally from?
2. Whose controlling nature had resulted in a schism between Cuban and US meteorologists?
3. What refers to the study of weather conditions averaged over a period of time?
4. In what year did Louisa Rollfing marry her husband?
5. Where did Isaac Cline first meet his wife?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)