|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: the Serpent's Coil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sequence that consisted of dry air, blue skies, and fair conditions changed to dominating high clouds and gray skies. Eventually, dark skies and a lower cloud ceiling were known as the _____________.
(a) August breeze.
(b) July rollercoaster.
(c) July dream.
(d) August wave.
2. In 1900, Galveston was the biggest port for what product in the United States?
3. Who wrote Perils of a Restless Planet?
(a) Joe Amando.
(b) Ernest Zebrowski.
(c) Henry Piddington.
(d) Chauncey Depew.
4. What was the maiden name of Isaac Cline's wife?
(a) Cora May Ballew.
(b) Cora Sue Smith.
(c) Cora Rebecca Rodgers.
(d) Cora Betsy Huffington.
5. Who, flanked by his Rough Riders, campaigned for the vice presidency in Introduction: The Beach?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt.
(b) Matthew Fontaine Maury.
(c) Chauncey Depew.
(d) Henry Howgate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What General of the US Signal Corps wanted to staff his department with the best in Part I: The Law of Storms?
2. Who was the Chief of the U S Weather Bureau in 1900?
3. The invention of the __________ was key to the development and effectiveness of the Weather Bureau allowing for the rapid transmission of weather forecasts from city to city.
4. What astronomer was the first to recognize that the earth's rotation had a great impact on weather?
5. At the turn of the century, Galveston was a cosmopolitan boom town, poised to take on the same status as New Orleans or ___________, according to the author in Introduction: The Beach.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)