|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: the Serpent's Coil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Going back to the third century BC, who noted that "air" had substance, according to the author in Part I: The Law of Storms?
(a) The Byzantines.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Egyptians.
2. In Galveston on September 6th, Joseph Cline made his weather observations at what time?
(a) 7:45 p.m.
(b) 2:15 p.m.
(c) 4:30 a.m.
(d) 7:00 a.m.
3. On September 1, 1900, the Rollfing family made their last payment on what?
(a) A piano.
(b) A farm.
(c) A car.
(d) A house.
4. In November 1703, the coast of England was hit by a series of powerful storms, killing more than how many seamen?
5. On September 4, 1900 what knocked out the city of Galveston's power and threw all the government buildings into darkness?
(b) A dust storm.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A tornado.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1900, Galveston was the biggest port for what product in the United States?
2. In Introduction: The Beach, Isaac had warnings from the central Weather Bureau that what location had been battered by a severe tropical storm?
3. The sequence that consisted of dry air, blue skies, and fair conditions changed to dominating high clouds and gray skies. Eventually, dark skies and a lower cloud ceiling were known as the _____________.
4. Chief Stockman's station failed to detect the switch in wind direction in what city?
5. After his meteorology training with the US Army Signal Corps, Isaac Cline was first assigned to what location?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)