|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: the Serpent's Coil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tamale vendor had an asterisk by his name, indicating he was an untrustworthy businessman in Galveston records, according to the author in Introduction: The Beach?
(a) Henry Piddington.
(b) Ernest Zebrowski.
(c) Joe Amando.
(d) Bat Masterson.
2. Going back to the third century BC, who noted that "air" had substance, according to the author in Part I: The Law of Storms?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Byzantines.
(d) The Egyptians.
3. In what year was Isaac Cline born?
4. What sportswriter in New Jersey does the author discuss in Introduction: The Beach?
(a) Willis Moore.
(b) Bat Masterson.
(c) Henry Piddington.
(d) Matthew Fontaine Maury.
5. Where was Louisa Rollfing originally from?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Second Anglo-Boer War begin?
2. What city suffered from twelve consecutive days of 90 degree temperatures or above, prior to the hurricane that hit Galveston?
3. Chief Stockman was irritated that the Cuban forecasters had referred to the storm as _____________.
4. Where did Isaac Cline earn his Doctor of Medicine degree?
5. Isaac Cline had considered becoming what before he was invited to study climatology?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)