|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Law of Storms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Isaac Cline had considered becoming what before he was invited to study climatology?
(a) Park ranger.
(d) Animal trainer.
2. Who wrote Perils of a Restless Planet?
(a) Chauncey Depew.
(b) Joe Amando.
(c) Henry Piddington.
(d) Ernest Zebrowski.
3. What physicist improved upon Galileo's device and created the first barometer?
(a) Edmund Halley.
(b) Evangelista Torricelli.
(c) Ernest Zebrowski.
(d) Chauncey Depew.
4. What refers to the study of weather conditions averaged over a period of time?
5. In Introduction: The Beach, Isaac had warnings from the central Weather Bureau that what location had been battered by a severe tropical storm?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was an English-Indian scientist and merchant captain who coined the name cyclone for tropical storms?
2. What was a nationalist movement by the "Righteous Harmony Society" in China between 1898 and 1901?
3. Who was nicknamed "Pathfinder of the Seas" and "Father of Modern Oceanography and Naval Meteorology"?
4. Isaac Cline arrived in Washington, DC to study at the US Signal Corps on what date?
5. Who, flanked by his Rough Riders, campaigned for the vice presidency in Introduction: The Beach?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)