|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Law of Storms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the chief financial manager of the Signal Corps who was arrested for embezzling nearly a quarter of a million dollars?
(a) Willis Moore.
(b) Ruby Credo.
(c) William Redfield.
(d) Henry Howgate.
2. What astronomer was the first to recognize that the earth's rotation had a great impact on weather?
(a) Chauncey Depew.
(b) Edmund Halley.
(c) Henry Howgate.
(d) John Blagden.
3. What General of the US Signal Corps wanted to staff his department with the best in Part I: The Law of Storms?
(a) J. W. Simmons.
(b) William B. Hazen.
(c) T. P. Halsey.
(d) William Sterett.
4. Who was nicknamed "Pathfinder of the Seas" and "Father of Modern Oceanography and Naval Meteorology"?
(a) William B. Stockman.
(b) A. V. Kellogg.
(c) William Dampier.
(d) Matthew Fontaine Maury.
5. When did the Second Anglo-Boer War end?
Short Answer Questions
1. Just prior to the storm, there was a heat wave in the United States in which how many people died?
2. Where did Isaac Cline first meet his wife?
3. What was the maiden name of Isaac Cline's wife?
4. What was the name of Isaac Cline's younger brother who lived with his family and worked for the weather service as an observer?
5. Who was the founder and first President of American Association for the Advancement of Science?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)