|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Law of Storms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Galveston's highest point was how many feet above sea level in 1900?
2. In what year was Isaac Cline born?
3. What was the maiden name of Isaac Cline's wife?
(a) Cora Sue Smith.
(b) Cora May Ballew.
(c) Cora Betsy Huffington.
(d) Cora Rebecca Rodgers.
4. What were the names of Isaac Cline's parents?
(a) Thomas and Betsy Cline.
(b) Bradley and Susan Cline.
(c) Jacob and Mary Cline.
(d) Matthew and Harriet Cline.
5. What Founding Father kept a lifelong weather journal, according to the author in Part I: The Law of Storms?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) George Washington.
(d) John Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. The fact that Isaac Cline paid cash for goods and services was published in a directory by what company?
2. The sequence that consisted of dry air, blue skies, and fair conditions changed to dominating high clouds and gray skies. Eventually, dark skies and a lower cloud ceiling were known as the _____________.
3. Where did Isaac Cline earn his Doctor of Medicine degree?
4. What was the name of the captain who commanded the "Pensacola"?
5. What city suffered from twelve consecutive days of 90 degree temperatures or above, prior to the hurricane that hit Galveston?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)