|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction: The Beach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, flanked by his Rough Riders, campaigned for the vice presidency in Introduction: The Beach?
(a) Matthew Fontaine Maury.
(b) Henry Howgate.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) Chauncey Depew.
2. What bison hunter and showman does the author describe performing in the Wild West in Introduction: The Beach?
(b) Buffalo Bill Cody.
(c) Henry Piddington.
(d) Teddy Roosevelt.
3. What tamale vendor had an asterisk by his name, indicating he was an untrustworthy businessman in Galveston records, according to the author in Introduction: The Beach?
(a) Henry Piddington.
(b) Joe Amando.
(c) Bat Masterson.
(d) Ernest Zebrowski.
4. Who was the founder and first President of American Association for the Advancement of Science?
(a) William Redfield.
(b) Dean Bruner.
(c) Henry Howgate.
(d) Edmund Halley.
5. Where did Isaac Cline earn his Doctor of Medicine degree?
(a) The University of Virginia.
(b) The University of Montana.
(c) The University of Arkansas.
(d) The University of Alaska.
Short Answer Questions
1. What politician wrote that Americans felt "four hundred percent bigger" than the year before in 1900?
2. What college did Isaac Cline attend?
3. Isaac Cline's new house was located how many blocks north of the Gulf?
4. In Introduction: The Beach, Isaac sent a telegram to the Central Office where advising them that the water was high and there were opposing winds?
5. What were the names of Isaac Cline's parents?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)