|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Strange News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Louise Hopkins was playing with which friend in the yard when they began to see debris and water rushing down the streets?
2. Captain Simmons's first officer felt they were in a confluence of storms--a hurricane from the east and a gale from what direction?
3. Cuban forecasters indicated that they had correctly predicted that the storm would not __________.
(a) Hit the Rocky Mountains.
(b) Dissipate near Chicago.
(c) Head southwest.
(d) Travel up the Atlantic coast.
4. What politician wrote that Americans felt "four hundred percent bigger" than the year before in 1900?
(a) Matthew Fontaine Maury.
(b) Henry Howgate.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
(d) Chauncey Depew.
5. What was the name of Louisa Rollfing's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Isaac Cline earn his Doctor of Medicine degree?
2. What was the name of Louisa Rollfing's daughter?
3. Where was the letter that Willis Moore wrote defending the forecasting conducted by the Weather Bureau published?
4. When Isaac finally reached home in Part III: Spectacle, his yard was already how deep in water?
5. Who was eight months pregnant and saw her house collapse on her husband and three-year-old son?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)