|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Strange News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hurricane Camille hit the Gulf Coast in what year?
2. What bison hunter and showman does the author describe performing in the Wild West in Introduction: The Beach?
(b) Buffalo Bill Cody.
(c) Henry Piddington.
(d) Teddy Roosevelt.
3. Louise Hopkins was playing with which friend in the yard when they began to see debris and water rushing down the streets?
4. In search for his wife, Isaac visited the hospital which withstood the storm and then on to a temporary morgue where how many bodies had been delivered?
5. How many people took shelter in Judson Palmer's house in Part IV: Cataclysm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Isaac Cline's younger brother who lived with his family and worked for the weather service as an observer?
2. What writer for the Dallas News took a train from Houston to Galveston?
3. Isaac Cline's neighbor sent a telegram to whom, telling them to delay a trip into Galveston?
4. The morning after the storm passed, the house where Isaac and his daughters had found shelter in was how far from his own house?
5. Chief Stockman's station failed to detect the switch in wind direction in what city?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)