|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Law of Storms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the study of weather conditions averaged over a period of time?
2. Galveston's highest point was how many feet above sea level in 1900?
3. What term refers to a wind that blows with the direction of travel?
(d) Nonlinear dynamics.
4. The narrative of Introduction: The Beach states that on the night of what date did Isaac Monroe Cline have an inexplicable feeling of foreboding?
(a) September 7, 1900.
(b) May 16, 1898.
(c) March 1, 1911.
(d) January 22, 1894.
5. Going back to the third century BC, who noted that "air" had substance, according to the author in Part I: The Law of Storms?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Byzantines.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1900, Galveston was the biggest port for what product in the United States?
2. Who was the founder and first President of American Association for the Advancement of Science?
3. When did the Second Anglo-Boer War begin?
4. The fact that Isaac Cline paid cash for goods and services was published in a directory by what company?
5. Where did Isaac Cline earn his Doctor of Medicine degree?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)