|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Law of Storms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Isaac Cline earn his Doctor of Medicine degree?
(a) The University of Arkansas.
(b) The University of Montana.
(c) The University of Virginia.
(d) The University of Alaska.
2. Who, flanked by his Rough Riders, campaigned for the vice presidency in Introduction: The Beach?
(a) Henry Howgate.
(b) Teddy Roosevelt.
(c) Chauncey Depew.
(d) Matthew Fontaine Maury.
3. How many daughters did Isaac Cline have in 1900?
4. What sportswriter in New Jersey does the author discuss in Introduction: The Beach?
(a) Matthew Fontaine Maury.
(b) Bat Masterson.
(c) Henry Piddington.
(d) Willis Moore.
5. What was the warmest month on record from the upper Mississippi Valley to the Ohio Valley?
(a) July, 1904.
(b) August, 1900.
(c) September, 1899.
(d) June, 1897.
Short Answer Questions
1. Isaac Cline's new house was located how many blocks north of the Gulf?
2. When did the Second Anglo-Boer War end?
3. In Part I: The Law of Storms, the author writes that the storm began gathering over the African highlands east of _____________.
4. What was the name of the captain who commanded the "Pensacola"?
5. After his meteorology training with the US Army Signal Corps, Isaac Cline was first assigned to what location?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)