|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Law of Storms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a nationalist movement by the "Righteous Harmony Society" in China between 1898 and 1901?
(a) The Bamboo Storm.
(b) The Boxer Rebellion.
(c) The Panda Movement.
(d) The Samurai Revolution.
2. Christopher Columbus was commissioned to lead a fleet on a voyage where in 1502?
(d) The Bolivar Peninsula.
3. The author writes that low pressure lingered over ___________, and the air was heavy with moisture, causing trillions of water molecules to heat up.
4. What were the names of Isaac Cline's parents?
(a) Jacob and Mary Cline.
(b) Matthew and Harriet Cline.
(c) Thomas and Betsy Cline.
(d) Bradley and Susan Cline.
5. When did the Second Anglo-Boer War end?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1900, Galveston was the biggest port for what product in the United States?
2. What physicist improved upon Galileo's device and created the first barometer?
3. At the turn of the century, Galveston was a cosmopolitan boom town, poised to take on the same status as New Orleans or ___________, according to the author in Introduction: The Beach.
4. Who wrote Perils of a Restless Planet?
5. What General of the US Signal Corps wanted to staff his department with the best in Part I: The Law of Storms?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)