|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Spectacle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chief Stockman was irritated that the Cuban forecasters had referred to the storm as _____________.
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A cyclone.
2. Isaac Cline's new house was located how many blocks north of the Gulf?
3. What city suffered from twelve consecutive days of 90 degree temperatures or above, prior to the hurricane that hit Galveston?
(a) Columbus, Ohio.
(b) Detroit, Michigan.
(c) Springfield, Illinois.
(d) St Louis, Missouri.
4. What was the name of Isaac Cline's younger brother who lived with his family and worked for the weather service as an observer?
(a) Robert Cline.
(b) Joseph Cline.
(c) William Cline.
(d) Matthew Cline.
5. The sequence that consisted of dry air, blue skies, and fair conditions changed to dominating high clouds and gray skies. Eventually, dark skies and a lower cloud ceiling were known as the _____________.
(a) August wave.
(b) July dream.
(c) July rollercoaster.
(d) August breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year had Isaac been assigned to open the Texas Section of the new US Weather Bureau?
2. What college did Isaac Cline attend?
3. Galveston's highest point was how many feet above sea level in 1900?
4. In what year did Louisa Rollfing marry her husband?
5. Who proved that air had mass, according to the author in Part I: The Law of Storms?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)