|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Spectacle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Louisa Rollfing's husband?
2. The ship "The Louisiana" sailed from what location to Galveston during the hurricane of 1900?
(a) Port Arthur, Louisiana.
(b) Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
(c) Gulfport, Mississippi.
(d) New Orleans, Louisiana.
3. What was the warmest month on record from the upper Mississippi Valley to the Ohio Valley?
(a) August, 1900.
(b) June, 1897.
(c) September, 1899.
(d) July, 1904.
4. The passengers of the Beaumont, Texas, train who survived took refuge at what location?
(a) The Bolivar Lighthouse.
(b) A church.
(c) The Cowboy Saloon.
(d) A barber shop.
5. How many passengers on the Beaumont, Texas, train died when the storm surged and derailed the train?
Short Answer Questions
1. What politician wrote that Americans felt "four hundred percent bigger" than the year before in 1900?
2. In 1900, Galveston was the biggest port for what product in the United States?
3. Captain Simmons ordered his crew to head for the channel at the east end of _____________.
4. Just prior to the storm, there was a heat wave in the United States in which how many people died?
5. Isaac Cline had considered becoming what before he was invited to study climatology?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)