|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Spectacle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the engineer of the Galveston-Houston train that became trapped in Part III: Spectacle?
(a) William Redfield.
(b) A. V. Kellogg.
(c) Ernest Zebrowski.
(d) Edmund Halley.
2. How many daughters did Isaac Cline have in 1900?
3. Captain Simmons ordered his crew to head for the channel at the east end of _____________.
(a) Galveston Island.
(b) The Rio Grande.
(c) The Texas panhandle.
4. In Part I: The Law of Storms, the author writes that the storm began gathering over the African highlands east of _____________.
5. In Introduction: The Beach, Isaac had warnings from the central Weather Bureau that what location had been battered by a severe tropical storm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sportswriter in New Jersey does the author discuss in Introduction: The Beach?
2. What city suffered from twelve consecutive days of 90 degree temperatures or above, prior to the hurricane that hit Galveston?
3. Galveston's highest point was how many feet above sea level in 1900?
4. What was the name of the steamship that Captain T. P. Halsey commanded during the storm?
5. What was the name of Louisa Rollfing's daughter?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)