|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Spectacle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Galveston on September 6th, Joseph Cline made his weather observations at what time?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 4:30 a.m.
(c) 7:45 p.m.
(d) 2:15 p.m.
2. In August of what year did Columbus' ships sail on smooth waters under blue skies when an observer sounded the alarm after sighting huge swells just ahead, according to the author in Part I: The Law of Storms?
3. Despite Isaac's alarm, his office still downplayed the potential severity of the storm, referring to it by what name?
(a) An offspur of the Florida storm.
(b) A moderate hail event.
(c) A twenty-year storm.
(d) An average rainstorm.
4. What was the name of Louisa Rollfing's daughter?
5. What term refers to a wind that blows with the direction of travel?
(a) Nonlinear dynamics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many passengers were on the train from Beaumont, Texas, traveling into Galveston during the storm?
2. In Part III: Spectacle, Isaac Cline drove the beach from one end to the other shouting at people to do what?
3. Who proved that air had mass, according to the author in Part I: The Law of Storms?
4. Christopher Columbus was commissioned to lead a fleet on a voyage where in 1502?
5. Who, flanked by his Rough Riders, campaigned for the vice presidency in Introduction: The Beach?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)