|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Strange News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a wireless solar telegraph that signals by flashes of sunlight reflected by a mirror?
2. When did the Second Anglo-Boer War end?
3. By the end of the week after the storm, businesses were placing ads in the News assuring customers that they would not ______________.
(a) Sell expired goods.
(b) Be open on Sundays.
(c) Inflate prices.
(d) Charge tax.
4. In November 1703, the coast of England was hit by a series of powerful storms, killing more than how many seamen?
5. In Part I: The Law of Storms, the author writes that the storm began gathering over the African highlands east of _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Isaac Cline's neighbor sent a telegram to whom, telling them to delay a trip into Galveston?
2. Where was the letter that Willis Moore wrote defending the forecasting conducted by the Weather Bureau published?
3. What did Isaac see sitting on every available object when he reached home?
4. Isaac wrote an urgent cable to Willis Moore telling him of the terrible situation and gave the message to whom to deliver?
5. When Isaac finally reached home in Part III: Spectacle, his yard was already how deep in water?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)