|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Strange News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a nationalist movement by the "Righteous Harmony Society" in China between 1898 and 1901?
(a) The Panda Movement.
(b) The Bamboo Storm.
(c) The Boxer Rebellion.
(d) The Samurai Revolution.
2. The train coming from Beaumont, Texas, into Galveston during the storm was traveling along the flooded tracks of what?
(a) The Texas panhandle.
(b) The Amarillo causeway.
(c) The Bolivar Peninsula.
(d) Lone Star Ridge.
3. Isaac Cline and which neighbor were on the beach at dawn on Saturday as the storm rolled in?
(a) Rabbi Henry Cohen.
(b) Dr. Young.
(c) Colonel William Sterett.
(d) A. V. Kellogg.
4. Where did a train from Houston to Galveston become stalled?
(a) Austin, Texas.
(b) Roswell, New Mexico.
(c) Texas City, Texas.
(d) Tulsa, Oklahoma.
5. The invention of the __________ was key to the development and effectiveness of the Weather Bureau allowing for the rapid transmission of weather forecasts from city to city.
Short Answer Questions
1. The passengers of the Beaumont, Texas, train who survived took refuge at what location?
2. Who proved that air had mass, according to the author in Part I: The Law of Storms?
3. Isaac Cline arrived in Washington, DC to study at the US Signal Corps on what date?
4. What physicist improved upon Galileo's device and created the first barometer?
5. By what date does the author write that the streets of Galveston were cleaned, there were no pyres, the decomposition odor had lifted and new construction was everywhere?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)