|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Strange News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a train from Houston to Galveston became stalled, a team of men buried how many corpses found during the afternoon?
2. What was a nationalist movement by the "Righteous Harmony Society" in China between 1898 and 1901?
(a) The Panda Movement.
(b) The Boxer Rebellion.
(c) The Bamboo Storm.
(d) The Samurai Revolution.
3. Isaac was bothered the most by Willis Moore's statement in the letter that Galveston had received warnings and that Isaac's office had ordered _______________.
(a) Hurricane warning flags.
(b) A full evacuation.
(c) Building walls of sandbags.
(d) No evacuation.
4. Just prior to the storm, there was a heat wave in the United States in which how many people died?
5. Who was the engineer of the Galveston-Houston train that became trapped in Part III: Spectacle?
(a) A. V. Kellogg.
(b) Edmund Halley.
(c) Ernest Zebrowski.
(d) William Redfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were dispatched around town collecting bodies?
2. What physicist improved upon Galileo's device and created the first barometer?
3. In search for his wife, Isaac visited the hospital which withstood the storm and then on to a temporary morgue where how many bodies had been delivered?
4. What did Isaac see sitting on every available object when he reached home?
5. Who insisted on staying in Isaac Cline's house, believing it to be capable of withstanding the storm?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)