|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Strange News.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the chief financial manager of the Signal Corps who was arrested for embezzling nearly a quarter of a million dollars?
(a) Henry Howgate.
(b) Willis Moore.
(c) William Redfield.
(d) Ruby Credo.
2. What did Isaac do with his wife's engagement ring after it was recovered from the wreckage?
(a) Sold it to a jeweler.
(b) Gave it to another woman.
(c) Had it enlarged and wore it.
(d) Tucked it away in a drawer.
3. Isaac wrote an urgent cable to Willis Moore telling him of the terrible situation and gave the message to whom to deliver?
(a) Rabbi Henry Cohen.
(b) William Redfield.
(c) Joseph Cline.
(d) Cora Cline.
4. According to the author in Part I: The Law of Storms, the first official notation of the storm was made by a Captain in his log on what date?
(a) July 4, 1899.
(b) September 20, 1902.
(c) June 18, 1901.
(d) August 27, 1900.
5. What astronomer was the first to recognize that the earth's rotation had a great impact on weather?
(a) John Blagden.
(b) Henry Howgate.
(c) Edmund Halley.
(d) Chauncey Depew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Young lost his house, but his family was safe in _______________.
2. When a train from Houston to Galveston became stalled, a team of men buried how many corpses found during the afternoon?
3. Who proved that air had mass, according to the author in Part I: The Law of Storms?
4. In what year was the chief financial manager of the Signal Corps arrested for embezzling nearly a quarter of a million dollars?
5. Isaac Cline and which neighbor were on the beach at dawn on Saturday as the storm rolled in?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)