1. In the epigraph, what does Dante leave behind by hoisting sail with his wit?
A sea so cruel.
2. Where is Dante’s epigraph from?
3. Where does Francis Phelan find his family’s graves?
Among the flowing masses.
4. How does the narrator characterize Francis’ mother’s reaction to his arrival in the cemetery?
5. What is Francis Phelan’s father’s reaction to Francis’ arrival?
He is pleased to see his son.
6. Where is Francis Phelan’s family derived from?
This section contains 4,639 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)