|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helen sleep after she and Francis leave Jack and Clara’s?
(a) A flop house.
(b) The weeds.
(c) Finny’s car.
(d) The Mission.
2. In the epigraph, what does Dante leave behind by hoisting sail with his wit?
(a) A sea so cruel.
(b) His beautiful homeland.
(c) His fair wife.
(d) His darling children.
3. What does Helen say is her lucky star?
(d) The North Star.
4. Where did Francis tell the intern in Indiana his fingertip was?
(a) In a river.
(c) On a train.
(d) In the weeds.
5. How does Francis characterize Sandra’s life?
(a) It was redeemed as she died.
(b) It wasn’t human any more.
(c) It was squandered.
(d) It had become angelic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rudy tell Francis the doctor diagnosed him with?
2. What physical debility does Reverend Chester have?
3. How does Helen prefer to think of her sins?
4. What knowledge does Francis say he and Rudy share?
5. What brotherhood does the narrator say Francis and Rudy have between them?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)