|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rudy tell Francis the doctor diagnosed him with?
(c) Heart trouble.
2. How does Francis characterize his reaction to the death of Dick Doolan?
(a) He was compelled to flee.
(b) He was intent on praying for redemption.
(c) He was driven to confess.
(d) He was determined to justify the death.
3. What is Francis Phelan’s father’s reaction to Francis’ arrival?
(a) He is pleased to see his son.
(b) He is tormented with impatience.
(c) He is heartbroken with forgiveness.
(d) He is disturbed by unfinished business.
4. What is Francis guilty about, when he talks to Gerald?
(b) Abandoning his family.
(c) Dropping the baby.
(d) Taking lovers.
5. What does Helen say she was doing while Sandra was dying?
(d) Enjoying herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen lose on her way back to the Mission?
2. How does Francis describe Helen to Rudy?
3. How does Francis characterize Helen in bed?
4. How did Francis kill Dick Doolan?
5. What is the price Helen pays for sleeping where she does after leaving Clara's house?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)