|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physically connects Francis to the memory of his son’s death?
(a) The sensation of his own awed astonishment at what happened.
(b) Tears dropping on his shoes.
(c) The winds in the grass.
(d) Birds chirping in the trees.
2. What does the narrator say is the real basis of the kinship the young Phelan brothers feel with Francis?
3. What does the narrator say was Francis’ relationship with prayer?
(a) He prayed for forgiveness for his sins.
(b) He prayed religiously for his health and others’.
(c) He never knew what to pray for.
(d) He always resisted speaking to imaginary people.
4. Where is Dante’s epigraph from?
(a) The Vita Nuova.
(b) The Inferno.
(c) The Paradiso.
(d) The Purgatorio.
5. What does Rudy say his religion is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the year does Ironweed start on?
2. What does Rudy tell Francis the doctor diagnosed him with?
3. How does Francis characterize Clara?
4. Where does Rudy say Sandra came from?
5. What was Francis Phelan’s batting average in 1916?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)