|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Francis Phelan’s family derived from?
2. Where does Francis Phelan find his family’s graves?
(a) Among the flowing masses.
(b) In the unmarked graves.
(c) In the earth and sky themselves.
(d) Among the illustrious dead.
3. How does Francis say he behaves when he is drunk?
(a) He goes to sleep.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) He gets sentimental.
(d) He gets violent.
4. Where does Francis say his mother probably is?
5. The narrator says that Francis was “staunchly resolute” in the face of what?
(a) A knife attack.
(c) Capricious and adverse fate.
(d) The need to quit drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dante’s epigraph from?
2. What is the essence of Francis’ response when Rudy asks where they are going?
3. What does the narrator say came from Rowdy Dick Doolan’s head when Francis saw him in a vision?
4. How does Francis characterize Sandra’s life?
5. How does Francis describe Helen to Rudy?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)