|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it in the present moment of the novel?
2. What does Francis say to Rudy when Rudy says that he ain’t dead yet?
(a) That’s what you think.
(b) You ain’t alive, either.
(c) It’s just a matter of time.
(d) You will be. You will be.
3. When did the confrontation with the scabs take place?
4. How does Francis say he behaves when he is drunk?
(a) He gets violent.
(b) He gets sentimental.
(c) He gets sick.
(d) He goes to sleep.
5. Where is Francis Phelan’s family derived from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Rudy is aware of as Francis approaches Gerald’s grave?
2. What physically connects Francis to the memory of his son’s death?
3. How does the narrator say Daddy Big Dugan died?
4. Who was the first man Francis Phelan killed?
5. How does Francis characterize Helen in bed?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)