|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Rudy is aware of as Francis approaches Gerald’s grave?
(a) The truck starting up, to take them back to the city.
(b) Francis going slightly insane.
(c) Something momentous happening.
(d) The weather turning colder.
2. How did Aldo Campione die?
(a) His neck was broken in a fight.
(b) Shot in the back.
(c) Fell from a train.
(d) He died of exposure.
3. What is Francis afraid will happen to Sandra?
(a) She’ll be arrested.
(b) The dogs will eat her.
(c) She will get sick.
(d) She will die.
4. How familiar does Francis say trolleys are to him?
(a) He himself built the trolley he and Rudy ride.
(b) He never rides them.
(c) They are as familiar as his father’s face.
(d) He used to know them well, but has forgotten.
5. Where is Francis Phelan’s family derived from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor does Francis use to describe himself as a ball player?
2. What physically connects Francis to the memory of his son’s death?
3. When did the confrontation with the scabs take place?
4. What does Francis say about anything that “draws blood or breaks heads”?
5. How does Francis describe Helen to Rudy?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)