|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Francis Phelan’s family derived from?
2. What does Daddy Big say Francis’ son Billy did for him?
(a) Kept him from choking when he was sick.
(b) Gave him a place to dry out.
(c) Gave him money.
(d) Got him work.
3. How does the narrator characterize Gerald’s eternal repose?
4. How do Francis and Rudy characterize themselves?
5. What physically connects Francis to the memory of his son’s death?
(a) Birds chirping in the trees.
(b) The winds in the grass.
(c) The sensation of his own awed astonishment at what happened.
(d) Tears dropping on his shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the year does Ironweed start on?
2. What is Francis guilty about, when he talks to Gerald?
3. What is Francis’ reaction when Rudy tells him he is frivolous?
4. What does Gerald hope Francis will do after making this visit?
5. Which of the seven deadly sins prompts Francis to get defensive?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)