|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dante’s epigraph from?
(a) The Inferno.
(b) The Purgatorio.
(c) The Vita Nuova.
(d) The Paradiso.
2. How do Francis and Rudy characterize themselves?
3. What kind of cemetery are Francis and Rudy working in for the day?
4. What does Gerald hope Francis will do after making this visit?
(a) Stop trying to die.
(b) Die in peace.
(c) Make new babies.
(d) Kill himself.
5. How does the narrator say Daddy Big Dugan died?
(b) Jumped off a bridge.
(c) Old age.
(d) Inhaling his vomit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Francis guilty about, when he talks to Gerald?
2. How does Francis say he behaves when he is drunk?
3. How does the narrator characterize Francis’ mother’s reaction to his arrival in the cemetery?
4. What physically connects Francis to the memory of his son’s death?
5. How does the narrator characterize Gerald’s eternal repose?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)