|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daddy Big say Francis’ son Billy did for him?
(a) Gave him a place to dry out.
(b) Gave him money.
(c) Got him work.
(d) Kept him from choking when he was sick.
2. What does the narrator say Rudy is aware of as Francis approaches Gerald’s grave?
(a) Something momentous happening.
(b) Francis going slightly insane.
(c) The truck starting up, to take them back to the city.
(d) The weather turning colder.
3. What does Francis say to Rudy when Rudy says that he ain’t dead yet?
(a) That’s what you think.
(b) It’s just a matter of time.
(c) You will be. You will be.
(d) You ain’t alive, either.
4. How does Francis say he behaves when he is drunk?
(a) He goes to sleep.
(b) He gets sentimental.
(c) He gets sick.
(d) He gets violent.
5. How does the narrator characterize Gerald’s eternal repose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day of the year does Ironweed start on?
2. Where is Dante’s epigraph from?
3. Where is Francis Phelan’s family derived from?
4. What is Francis guilty about, when he talks to Gerald?
5. How does the narrator characterize Francis’ mother’s reaction to his arrival in the cemetery?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)