|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Francis kill Dick Doolan?
(a) Broke his head with a stone.
(b) Suffocated him in a stream.
(c) Smashed his skull against a bridge abutment.
(d) Stabbed him with a fork.
2. When did the confrontation with the scabs take place?
3. How does Francis say he behaves when he is drunk?
(a) He gets sick.
(b) He goes to sleep.
(c) He gets violent.
(d) He gets sentimental.
4. Why does Helen tell Finny not to touch her chest?
(a) She is in pain from her tumor.
(b) She is saving herself for Francis.
(c) She has money in her brassiere.
(d) Her scar is still healing from a recent operation.
5. Where is Clara when Francis and Helen arrive at Jack’s flat?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In bed.
(c) On a chamber pot.
(d) In the bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What desire does Francis say he feels when Rosskam tells him about the women he makes love to during his rounds?
2. What does the narrator say is the real basis of the kinship the young Phelan brothers feel with Francis?
3. What revenge did Helen get on her mother?
4. How long have Francis and Helen known each other?
5. What literary term describes the jump back to an earlier time at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)