|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katrina tell Francis her poet sees?
(a) Things she thought existed when in fact they did not.
(b) Things men should not see in women.
(c) Things she learned to see about herself.
(d) Things she has not shown to anyone else, even her husband.
2. The narrator says that Francis was “staunchly resolute” in the face of what?
(a) The need to quit drinking.
(b) Capricious and adverse fate.
(c) A knife attack.
3. How did Helen find out that her mother had betrayed her?
(a) Her brother told her.
(b) She found her father’s will.
(c) Her aunt told her.
(d) Her father told her in a dream.
4. How does Katrina characterize her life?
(a) A prison.
(b) A labor of love.
(c) A sacrament.
(d) Death in life.
5. How does Helen prefer to think of her sins?
(a) As fate.
(b) As events.
(c) As decisions.
(d) As slips.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fiddler Quain tell Francis he’ll have to forgive?
2. Why was Billy in trouble with the politicians?
3. How does Francis characterize his mother?
4. How does Francis characterize himself and Rudy?
5. Where does Helen sleep after she and Francis leave Jack and Clara’s?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)